Re: [SCA_BARDS] New member

  • Michael B. Greenstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      > I have been
      > singing for years, and would like to increase my songbook for the
      > SCA. I am strong of voice and am able to command a crowd if the songs
      > are to their liking. Bawdy & ballads I do seek.

      Have you listened to the Baltimore Consort's "Art of the Bawdy Song"? It is
      a marvelous album with some pieces you might adapt (no folks, not "Pox on
      you" -- I was thinking more "My thing is my own," "Irish jig," &c.).

      If you perform poetry as well as song, milady, I have one or two pieces that
      might suit your needs... let me know privately and I will pass them on to
      you. I have a song, too, that although not raunchy might work for you.

      Regards,
      Michael