Re: New member

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2002
      --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "sweet_wench_md" <sweet_wench_md@y...> wrote:
      > Bawdy & ballads I do seek.

      Greetings,

      Have you explored our Bookmarks at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_BARDS/links yet?

      Cheers,
      Jehanne de Wodeford (West)
    • Michael B. Greenstein
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        > I have been
        > singing for years, and would like to increase my songbook for the
        > SCA. I am strong of voice and am able to command a crowd if the songs
        > are to their liking. Bawdy & ballads I do seek.

        Have you listened to the Baltimore Consort's "Art of the Bawdy Song"? It is
        a marvelous album with some pieces you might adapt (no folks, not "Pox on
        you" -- I was thinking more "My thing is my own," "Irish jig," &c.).

        If you perform poetry as well as song, milady, I have one or two pieces that
        might suit your needs... let me know privately and I will pass them on to
        you. I have a song, too, that although not raunchy might work for you.

        Regards,
        Michael