Re: [SCA_BARDS] Hello.

  • Alinalady@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 16, 2000
      Welcome M'lady Moira!
      And all of us are bards..would be and all..can't wait to see what you have
      to inspire us! This will be a grand adventure in learning and love of the
      bardic arts. I have never traveled to your fair land though, have heard it
      beautiful and the people fair of face!
      Welcome again fair lady!
      Lady Alina nic an Bhaird
    • Richard Lemon
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 17, 2000
        Greetings again,
        I reside in the north Alabama area. I would indeed be interested in
        more information on the college. While I do not write my own material
        yet, I hold to the definition that you are a bard when your audience
        says you are, no matter whose material you use.
        Richard de Lamont

        :
        > M'lord Richard,
        >
        > Wher in Meridies do you hail. I live in the far Eastern reaches
        of the realm, smacked up next to the ocean. I live in Forth Castle.
        I am the Dean of the Meridian Bardic College. We're not very active
        right now, but we're working on it. If you would be interested in
        taking or teaching classes here in Meridies, we'ld love to have you.
        > ---
        > In Service to the Dream,
        >
        > Lord Uilleag O'Conmhaic
        >

        > 10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos
        Communications at http://comm.lycos.com
      • Ivory
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 24, 2000
          Welcome Richard! I, too, have noted the decline in bardic circles.
          Our Shire has wonderful ones at Estrella War and we would be most
          honored to have you join us. That goes for everyone on this list, as
          well.

          Lady Ivory Genevieve la Rougette
          Shire of Granite Mountain
          Kingdom of Atenveldt
        • Alinalady@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 24, 2000
            Lady Ivory,
            Thank you from Lady Alina nic an Bhaird, for the broad and welcome
            invitation to Estrella war Bardic circle! I hope to make it this year and I
            will do me best to find the most circles and sing at them all!
            ..Robert love, I hope you too will be among them. If not, then I hope our
            paths cross at a different circle some night. We have grand circles here in
            Meridies, at Gulf Wars, Diamond War, and many other good events here in The
            Principality of Gleann Abhann.

            I live forever in the service of the Dream....
            Lady Alina nic an Bhaird
          • Richard Lemon
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 28, 2000
              Ithank ,m'lady, for you invitation. I time and funds ever permit,
              I would love to come to Estrella War. I remember the time my knight,
              Sir Robert Hightower, flew out to Estrella for the knighting of a
              squire breother who lived out there. At the time, the squire was
              developing a alternate persona for Sir Robert, St. Bobby. Sir Robert
              was not amused. On the field, just before the layon, the blessings of
              St. Bobby was called for and on cue, two thousand fighters dropped to
              their knees leaving Sir Robert the only one standing. Sir Robert was
              really not amused! His ire was for his former squire, not the good
              folk of the western realms. Of couse as I was not there and recieved
              this story from a ticked off knight, some facts may be skewed or
              altered. Anyone who was there, feel free to correct the story.
              In service to all,
              Ld. Richard de Lamont

              > Welcome Richard! I, too, have noted the decline in bardic circles.
              > Our Shire has wonderful ones at Estrella War and we would be most
              > honored to have you join us. That goes for everyone on this list,
              as
              > well.
              >
              > Lady Ivory Genevieve la Rougette
              > Shire of Granite Mountain
              > Kingdom of Atenveldt
            • Ivory
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 11, 2000
                Lord Richard,

                That is a wonderful tale! I only wish I had been there to witness it.
                I will hope for the good fortune of meeting you at Estrella.

                Ivory
              • Brenna
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 12, 2000
                  Ivory wrote:

                  > Lord Richard,
                  >
                  > That is a wonderful tale! I only wish I had been there to witness it.
                  > I will hope for the good fortune of meeting you at Estrella.
                  >
                  > Ivory

                  I missed the begining of that one, so I don't know about St. Bobby. I know
                  the tale of Sir Bobby. In fact, I wish I could get the words to the song.
                  I know the music, but I know bits and pieces of it. That is another good
                  tale.

                  Brenna
                • Richard Lemon
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 15, 2000
                    Theres a song!!! Oh, god! How am I going to break this news to Sir
                    Robert! The story was sent Privetly, I'll check with Sir Robert to
                    see if he minds my posting it openly. If its the same story as you
                    think, I NEED the words to this song!

                    --- In SCA_BARDS@egroups.com, Brenna <sunnie@p...> wrote:

                    > Ivory wrote:
                    >
                    > > Lord Richard,
                    > >
                    > > That is a wonderful tale! I only wish I had been there to
                    witness it.
                    > > I will hope for the good fortune of meeting you at Estrella.
                    > >
                    > > Ivory
                    >
                    > I missed the begining of that one, so I don't know about St.
                    Bobby. I know
                    > the tale of Sir Bobby. In fact, I wish I could get the words to
                    the song.
                    > I know the music, but I know bits and pieces of it. That is
                    another good
                    > tale.
                    >
                    > Brenna
                  • Brenna
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 15, 2000
                      Richard Lemon wrote:

                      > Theres a song!!! Oh, god! How am I going to break this news to Sir
                      > Robert! The story was sent Privetly, I'll check with Sir Robert to
                      > see if he minds my posting it openly. If its the same story as you
                      > think, I NEED the words to this song!

                      He KNOWS the song...trust me! It's by Lady Bethoc and she only sings it by
                      popular request. At first, Sir Robert shrank from it. Now, he drags people
                      over to hear it!

                      Brenna
                    • Allison
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 6 6:38 PM
                        Seeing as how I do a lot of writing, I figured it would be cool to
                        get into being a bard.

                        I'm from the West Kingdom.

                        So, hello. :)

                        -Angharad
                      • Tori Tyson
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 7 6:13 PM

                          Just taking a moment to welcome all the new folk who have joined us.  Hail and wellmet!

                          Tori

                          Namaste,
                          Riverwind

                          As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and Lady.

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • GYPSYDANCER@prodigy.net
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 9 4:41 PM
                            I used to reside at the southern end of the Kingdom of the West.
                            Whereabouts are you?

                            --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Allison" <carbon_phoenix@y...>