Re: [SCA_BARDS] Hello.

  • spuff36@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 16, 2000
      Hello,
      My name is Moira O'Connor and I am fairly new to the list. I live in the
      west kingdom in Cynagua. Since everyone was introducing themselves I thought
      that i would as well. I am sort of a bard want to be but thoroughly enjoy
      that which I have heard.

      i am enjoying the discussions on this list a lot.
      Thanks
      Moira
    • Alinalady@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 16, 2000
        Welcome M'lady Moira!
        And all of us are bards..would be and all..can't wait to see what you have
        to inspire us! This will be a grand adventure in learning and love of the
        bardic arts. I have never traveled to your fair land though, have heard it
        beautiful and the people fair of face!
        Welcome again fair lady!
        Lady Alina nic an Bhaird
      • Richard Lemon
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 17, 2000
          Greetings again,
          I reside in the north Alabama area. I would indeed be interested in
          more information on the college. While I do not write my own material
          yet, I hold to the definition that you are a bard when your audience
          says you are, no matter whose material you use.
          Richard de Lamont

          :
          > M'lord Richard,
          >
          > Wher in Meridies do you hail. I live in the far Eastern reaches
          of the realm, smacked up next to the ocean. I live in Forth Castle.
          I am the Dean of the Meridian Bardic College. We're not very active
          right now, but we're working on it. If you would be interested in
          taking or teaching classes here in Meridies, we'ld love to have you.
          > ---
          > In Service to the Dream,
          >
          > Lord Uilleag O'Conmhaic
          >

          > 10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos
          Communications at http://comm.lycos.com
        • Ivory
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 24, 2000
            Welcome Richard! I, too, have noted the decline in bardic circles.
            Our Shire has wonderful ones at Estrella War and we would be most
            honored to have you join us. That goes for everyone on this list, as
            well.

            Lady Ivory Genevieve la Rougette
            Shire of Granite Mountain
            Kingdom of Atenveldt
          • Alinalady@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 24, 2000
              Lady Ivory,
              Thank you from Lady Alina nic an Bhaird, for the broad and welcome
              invitation to Estrella war Bardic circle! I hope to make it this year and I
              will do me best to find the most circles and sing at them all!
              ..Robert love, I hope you too will be among them. If not, then I hope our
              paths cross at a different circle some night. We have grand circles here in
              Meridies, at Gulf Wars, Diamond War, and many other good events here in The
              Principality of Gleann Abhann.

              I live forever in the service of the Dream....
              Lady Alina nic an Bhaird
            • Richard Lemon
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 28, 2000
                Ithank ,m'lady, for you invitation. I time and funds ever permit,
                I would love to come to Estrella War. I remember the time my knight,
                Sir Robert Hightower, flew out to Estrella for the knighting of a
                squire breother who lived out there. At the time, the squire was
                developing a alternate persona for Sir Robert, St. Bobby. Sir Robert
                was not amused. On the field, just before the layon, the blessings of
                St. Bobby was called for and on cue, two thousand fighters dropped to
                their knees leaving Sir Robert the only one standing. Sir Robert was
                really not amused! His ire was for his former squire, not the good
                folk of the western realms. Of couse as I was not there and recieved
                this story from a ticked off knight, some facts may be skewed or
                altered. Anyone who was there, feel free to correct the story.
                In service to all,
                Ld. Richard de Lamont

                > Welcome Richard! I, too, have noted the decline in bardic circles.
                > Our Shire has wonderful ones at Estrella War and we would be most
                > honored to have you join us. That goes for everyone on this list,
                as
                > well.
                >
                > Lady Ivory Genevieve la Rougette
                > Shire of Granite Mountain
                > Kingdom of Atenveldt
              • Ivory
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 11, 2000
                  Lord Richard,

                  That is a wonderful tale! I only wish I had been there to witness it.
                  I will hope for the good fortune of meeting you at Estrella.

                  Ivory
                • Brenna
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 12, 2000
                    Ivory wrote:

                    > Lord Richard,
                    >
                    > That is a wonderful tale! I only wish I had been there to witness it.
                    > I will hope for the good fortune of meeting you at Estrella.
                    >
                    > Ivory

                    I missed the begining of that one, so I don't know about St. Bobby. I know
                    the tale of Sir Bobby. In fact, I wish I could get the words to the song.
                    I know the music, but I know bits and pieces of it. That is another good
                    tale.

                    Brenna
                  • Richard Lemon
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 15, 2000
                      Theres a song!!! Oh, god! How am I going to break this news to Sir
                      Robert! The story was sent Privetly, I'll check with Sir Robert to
                      see if he minds my posting it openly. If its the same story as you
                      think, I NEED the words to this song!

                      --- In SCA_BARDS@egroups.com, Brenna <sunnie@p...> wrote:

                      > Ivory wrote:
                      >
                      > > Lord Richard,
                      > >
                      > > That is a wonderful tale! I only wish I had been there to
                      witness it.
                      > > I will hope for the good fortune of meeting you at Estrella.
                      > >
                      > > Ivory
                      >
                      > I missed the begining of that one, so I don't know about St.
                      Bobby. I know
                      > the tale of Sir Bobby. In fact, I wish I could get the words to
                      the song.
                      > I know the music, but I know bits and pieces of it. That is
                      another good
                      > tale.
                      >
                      > Brenna
                    • Brenna
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 15, 2000
                        Richard Lemon wrote:

                        > Theres a song!!! Oh, god! How am I going to break this news to Sir
                        > Robert! The story was sent Privetly, I'll check with Sir Robert to
                        > see if he minds my posting it openly. If its the same story as you
                        > think, I NEED the words to this song!

                        He KNOWS the song...trust me! It's by Lady Bethoc and she only sings it by
                        popular request. At first, Sir Robert shrank from it. Now, he drags people
                        over to hear it!

                        Brenna
                      • Allison
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 6, 2004
                          Seeing as how I do a lot of writing, I figured it would be cool to
                          get into being a bard.

                          I'm from the West Kingdom.

                          So, hello. :)

                          -Angharad
                        • Tori Tyson
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 7, 2004

                            Just taking a moment to welcome all the new folk who have joined us.  Hail and wellmet!

                            Tori

                            Namaste,
                            Riverwind

                            As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and Lady.

                            Do you Yahoo!?
                          • GYPSYDANCER@prodigy.net
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 9, 2004
                              I used to reside at the southern end of the Kingdom of the West.
                              Whereabouts are you?

                              --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Allison" <carbon_phoenix@y...>