Re: I don't know Jack

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
      --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "josefkrakow" <josefkrakow@y...> wrote:
      > Also is there a bardic book available in the east kingdom? I'm
      > willing to pay big for it if it is of good quality (ie. music,
      > lyrics, art not a worry) I just want to expand my reparte and the
      > puny music stores of malagentia are of no help. The best library
      is
      > that of the Dissonatas and were a noncommercial entity.

      Dear Josef,

      There are some web addresses for resources you might find helpful.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
    • laurie
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
        Greetings All,

        Forgive the intrusion of a newbie from the north, but I could ask for
        permission to share a song book or two with you. It's called the Cry of the
        Wolves and there have been four issues released now. The last two were of
        poetry and then stories but the first two are many of the collected songs of
        Ealdormere. Anyone interested?

        Nadja Kesali chey Tatoya
      • kataryna_dragonweaver
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
          Sorry for the delay... I was also at an event this weekend.
          :)
          Yes I can email the song book.
          I am also interested in any songbooks that I can get my hands on.
          Poetry and stories are also great

          I collect fairy & folk tales. I am willing to slowly write some
          out to the list, but they would be tales from my book collection, and
          I'm not to sure they would be of interest. I do not have much in the
          way of documentable period tales - I haven't had time to look down
          that road yet.

          Below is a sort of list.
          If someone has a request I could start there.
          Interest??

          -Kataryna

          An loose example of the stuff I have (from memory) - most of these
          are large collections

          3 books Russian Folk tales
          8 books Danny Evershans Ukrainian Tales
          Many Many books on Irish, Scottish, English Tales
          2 native american myths/tales books
          (Ojibway (pardon the spelling) & ??cree??)
          1 book wendigo tales
          1 book Crete and area tales
          1 book Japenese tales
          1 book Spanish tales
          1 book East Indian Tales (not sure how good this is - It's in my to
          be read pile)
          1 book Germanic tales
          A large portion of the red, green, blue ... etc Fairy books
          Grimms (various versions)
          Anderson (various versions)
          Arabian Nights (various versions)
          Stories of the Red Branch (Irish)
          Gods & fighting men (Scottish - I think - It's been a while (~6yrs)
          since I went through this one... maybe Irish)
          Legends of the Cairds (Irish Travellers)
          The Mabi-youexpectmetopronouncethisletalonespellit-ion (Welsh tales)
          Books on how to story tell to various age groups.

          And enough stuff to fill the rest of the two bookselves devoted to
          the topic.

          --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "laurie" <llwoodward@r...> wrote:

          > Greetings All,
          >
          > Forgive the intrusion of a newbie from the north, but I could ask
          for
          > permission to share a song book or two with you. It's called the
          Cry of the
          > Wolves and there have been four issues released now. The last two
          were of
          > poetry and then stories but the first two are many of the collected
          songs of
          > Ealdormere. Anyone interested?
          >
          > Nadja Kesali chey Tatoya
        • Steve Hamaker
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
            I'm interested.

            Steve

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • kataryna_dragonweaver
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
              Sorry about this...

              If people are getting funny letters on the *.doc file instead of
              musical notes it's because you need to have noteworthy player
              installed on your system. (http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/). The
              player is free. All the music was made using noteworthy software.

              -Kataryna
            • Jeff, Leslie and kids
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
                I would like a copy please

                Jeff B. and Leslie A. Cardwell
                (SCA) A.K.A. Geoffrey and Madeleine Rose de Cardeville
                Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
                AIM - it's just Maddy
                ICQ - 8022385
                Yahoo - houseofcards5
                MSN lady_maddy_@...
                > Forgive the intrusion of a newbie from the north, but I could ask for
                > permission to share a song book or two with you. It's called the Cry of
                the
                > Wolves and there have been four issues released now. The last two were of
                > poetry and then stories but the first two are many of the collected songs
                of
                > Ealdormere. Anyone interested?
                >
                > Nadja Kesali chey Tatoya
                >

                > Community email addresses: