Re: [SCA_BARDS] Re: I don't know Jack

  • Isabella Blackmoor
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2002

      You have a book?! With some music?!  And you can email it !!!!!!????I have been trying very hard to find something like that!!!!!!   Can I have a copy of that too please?!?!?!

      Isabella de Troyes      IsabellaBlkmoor@...

        kataryna_dragonweaver <eclipsek@...> wrote:

      I have a Non-East Kingdom bardic book (made for Avacal - a
      principality of AnTir - ~200 songs). I can email you a copy of it
      (warning - large file). It has a lot of trad., and a small period
      music section - music is included for many of the songs.

      Saddly I can't help with the Jack o'lantern story.... but I'd sure
      like to see a copy if you ever find it.

      I'm also looking for a copy of the story "The Ideas Merchant". I
      heard the story once and really want a copy - but it seems to have
      disappeared - if anyone finds it please send me a copy.

      -Kataryna

        Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

      Alterius Non Sit Qui Suus Esse Potest
      (Let Him Not Be Another�s Who Can Be His Own)

      Visit my new website at:   http://www.megspace.com/health/seizurefree/

    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
        --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "josefkrakow" <josefkrakow@y...> wrote:
        > Also is there a bardic book available in the east kingdom? I'm
        > willing to pay big for it if it is of good quality (ie. music,
        > lyrics, art not a worry) I just want to expand my reparte and the
        > puny music stores of malagentia are of no help. The best library
        is
        > that of the Dissonatas and were a noncommercial entity.

        Dear Josef,

        There are some web addresses for resources you might find helpful.

        Jehanne de Wodeford
      • laurie
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
          Greetings All,

          Forgive the intrusion of a newbie from the north, but I could ask for
          permission to share a song book or two with you. It's called the Cry of the
          Wolves and there have been four issues released now. The last two were of
          poetry and then stories but the first two are many of the collected songs of
          Ealdormere. Anyone interested?

          Nadja Kesali chey Tatoya
        • kataryna_dragonweaver
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
            Sorry for the delay... I was also at an event this weekend.
            :)
            Yes I can email the song book.
            I am also interested in any songbooks that I can get my hands on.
            Poetry and stories are also great

            I collect fairy & folk tales. I am willing to slowly write some
            out to the list, but they would be tales from my book collection, and
            I'm not to sure they would be of interest. I do not have much in the
            way of documentable period tales - I haven't had time to look down
            that road yet.

            Below is a sort of list.
            If someone has a request I could start there.
            Interest??

            -Kataryna

            An loose example of the stuff I have (from memory) - most of these
            are large collections

            3 books Russian Folk tales
            8 books Danny Evershans Ukrainian Tales
            Many Many books on Irish, Scottish, English Tales
            2 native american myths/tales books
            (Ojibway (pardon the spelling) & ??cree??)
            1 book wendigo tales
            1 book Crete and area tales
            1 book Japenese tales
            1 book Spanish tales
            1 book East Indian Tales (not sure how good this is - It's in my to
            be read pile)
            1 book Germanic tales
            A large portion of the red, green, blue ... etc Fairy books
            Grimms (various versions)
            Anderson (various versions)
            Arabian Nights (various versions)
            Stories of the Red Branch (Irish)
            Gods & fighting men (Scottish - I think - It's been a while (~6yrs)
            since I went through this one... maybe Irish)
            Legends of the Cairds (Irish Travellers)
            The Mabi-youexpectmetopronouncethisletalonespellit-ion (Welsh tales)
            Books on how to story tell to various age groups.

            And enough stuff to fill the rest of the two bookselves devoted to
            the topic.

            --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "laurie" <llwoodward@r...> wrote:

            > Greetings All,
            >
            > Forgive the intrusion of a newbie from the north, but I could ask
            for
            > permission to share a song book or two with you. It's called the
            Cry of the
            > Wolves and there have been four issues released now. The last two
            were of
            > poetry and then stories but the first two are many of the collected
            songs of
            > Ealdormere. Anyone interested?
            >
            > Nadja Kesali chey Tatoya
          • Steve Hamaker
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
              I'm interested.

              Steve

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • kataryna_dragonweaver
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
                Sorry about this...

                If people are getting funny letters on the *.doc file instead of
                musical notes it's because you need to have noteworthy player
                installed on your system. (http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/). The
                player is free. All the music was made using noteworthy software.

                -Kataryna
              • Jeff, Leslie and kids
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 3, 2002
                  I would like a copy please

                  Jeff B. and Leslie A. Cardwell
                  (SCA) A.K.A. Geoffrey and Madeleine Rose de Cardeville
                  Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
                  AIM - it's just Maddy
                  ICQ - 8022385
                  Yahoo - houseofcards5
                  MSN lady_maddy_@...
                  > Forgive the intrusion of a newbie from the north, but I could ask for
                  > permission to share a song book or two with you. It's called the Cry of
                  the
                  > Wolves and there have been four issues released now. The last two were of
                  > poetry and then stories but the first two are many of the collected songs
                  of
                  > Ealdormere. Anyone interested?
                  >
                  > Nadja Kesali chey Tatoya
                  >

                  > Community email addresses: