SRFP Event Plug

  • mzhuntress
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2002
      I humbly invite you all to the Southern Regional Fighter Practice &
      Cook's Competition on July 27th in Oglethorpe, GA. There will be
      activities and prizes galore! The winner of the Cook's Competition
      will receive a handforged Chef's Carving Set made by Marion Glen's own
      "Smith in Tights", Taberah Boneshard mka Trent Tye. Armor (knees,
      elbows, helm) are the prizes for the Youth Combat. Plus other LOOT --
      much too much to list will be given as prizes, raffled, and otherwise
      distributed! Not to metion Fighting, Fighting, Fighting, a children's
      quest, Lunch, Children's Waterballoon War, Merchants, a Feast -
      Traveler's Fare - Chess Tourney - Backgammon Tourney - Breakfast -
      Bardic Circle - Hafla - Free Camping for those that wish to stay on
      site, more Fighting, and much more! All for as low as a $5.00!!! For
      further information please visit
      http://www.tbass.com/marionglen/general/events/srfp_cc1.html

      Thank you all for your help, time, and attention.
      Rebekah Oliver mka Rebecca Hull
      Seneschal Incipient Shire of Marion Glen

      BTW We are in need of Marshals, Heralds, and Volunteers.
    • mzhuntress
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2002
        Entry rules for Cook's Competition to be held at the Southern Regional
        Fighter Practice June 27th in Oglethorpe, GA. For event information
        http://www.tbass.com/marionglen/

        The categories are preserved foods, beverages (includes brewed and
        vinted drinks), breads, sweets, vegetable, meats, soups & stews, and
        miscellaneous (anything we forgot :)

        We'll have prizes in all categories along with an overall prize a
        handforged carving set made by Taberah Boneshard aka the smith in
        tights mka Trent Tye.

        10 servings required = Please use good sense or recommended serving
        portions i.e.. 1 loaf of bread can easily be sliced into 10 slices, 10
        scoops of Italian ice, 10 tarts, for soups and stews it works out to
        about 10 cups - not huge gigantic cups, but 10 measured cups.....the
        common sense rule works. Extra portions are certainly welcome!

        The judging is by 3 different judges from 3 different areas and is
        based on...

        Documentation -- A copy of the book where you found it, a copy of the
        front publishing page of the book, secondary sources are acceptable.
        Don't forget to document, if possible, your ingredients and not just
        the recipe.

        Preparation -- How was it prepared. i.e. In the original recipe were
        you supposed to roast it on a spit over a fire and when you cooked it
        you put it on a rotisserie on your gas grill or baked it for 2 hours
        at 350 in your oven.

        Appearance -- Let's face it some period foods are just not that pretty
        to look at, but others are, and even if it's not such as sheep's
        brains or other "shudder" things. If it's not sitting in a pile of
        grease (unless it's supposed to) not burned and to a cinder (unless
        that's what the recipe calls for) it's easy.

        Presentation -- Is it wrapped in aluminum foil or inside a plastic
        baggie or is it garnished nicely and on a nice tray..... You know the
        drill.

        Taste -- The most subjective of the judging criteria, but we're really
        making an effort to make sure it's as fair as possible.

        The entries can be cooked on site or precooked off site. With a
        pre-reservation for the event we have camp sites with water 110 and
        220 hookups if you ask for one before they are all reserved -- there
        are 45 such camping sites available first come first serve. Fires are
        allowed on site. There are grills available in the campsites -- though
        if you are planning on using one you may want to bring your own as the
        grills on site, at least in my opinion, are absolutely useless for
        most anything other than warming up a hot dog. Coleman stoves and
        other such things are certainly welcome. We will also be setting
        aside a central (real building not a tent) screened pavilion with a
        fireplace, overhead fans, large prep tables, and electric outlets for
        the cooks entering the competition to use if they desire.

        We have some limited cooking facilities available on site, but these
        will not be open to the cooks in the competition... It would take some
        of the fun out of it.

        OYEZ! OYEZ! COME ONE AND ALL!!! Tempting Treats! Lots of Fighting! Fun
        for Everyone!

        Rebekah Oliver mka Rebecca Hull
        Autocrat Southern Regional Fighter Practice and Cook's Competition