Estrella War

  • edenblacksmith@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2000
      Please respond to jacquelin@...
      Estrella War Collegium Autocrat
      Madame Jacquelin de Normandie
      Julie Bergdorf
      2354 McVicar
      Kingman, Arizona 86401
      email: jacquelin@...

      Greetings to all teachers within the Known World, do I Madame
      Jacquelin de
      Normandie (Julie Bergdorf), Collegium Autocrat for Estrella War XVII
      send thee
      greetings:

      I am seeking individuals to teach at Estrella War XVII Arts and
      Science
      Collegium. We will be having a Children''s Collegium, a Dance
      Collegium and
      the regularly scheduled Collegium this year. The Children''s
      Collegian''s
      point of contact is Lady Eden Blacksmith, the Dance Collegium point
      of Contact
      is Lord Dughall Mach Eoghainn Mach Laomuinn Mach Fhearchair and all
      other
      classes I am the point of contact. (Information provided below)

      Classes will be held Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between
      the hours
      of 9:00 am and 5:00 PM. (Times might vary depending upon other
      activities
      scheduled in the Arts and Science Tent). Those individuals who are
      interested
      please send the following information to the appropriate point of
      contact.

      1) Mundane and SCA name/titles, and contact information

      2) Name and description of your class(es)

      3) At least two times/dates in which to teach your classes(es)
      4) Any fees for your class(es) (Please keep your fee to $5.00 or less)

      5) Number of students per class if necessary (Please no one on one
      classes)

      6) Location change if necessary (in a groups encampment, met at the
      front gate
      as examples)

      7) Any additional restrictions

      8) Any supplies (such as water, extension cords, extra tables for
      demonstration) needed for class.

      9) A brief description of your persona''s history

      10) Any other information that might be useful.

      Contact Information for Collegium Autocrats

      Children''s Collegium

      Lady Eden Blacksmtih
      Sonja Boroughf
      1730 Gates
      Kingman Arizona 86401
      520-753-8064
      email: edenblacksmith@...
      Dance Collegium

      Lord Dughall Mach Eoghainn Mach Laomuinn Mach Fhearchair
      Michael McCliment
      2306 E. Monona Dr.
      Phoenix Arizona 85024-4436
      602-569-7096
      email: mach3@...

      All other classes

      Madame Jacquelin de Normandie
      Julie Bergdorf
      2354 McVicar
      Kingman, Arizona 86401
      520-753-8064
      email: jacquelin@...

      In service to the dream, I remain

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 13, 2000
          Eden!!! My dear friend! I owe you a phone call. I haven't
          forgotten.

          Love,

          Lady Ivory

        • ivorylarougette
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 7, 2001
            I will be teaching a class in period songs at the Estrella War. It's
            meant for beginning A & S hopefuls. At this point I have most of the
            songs gathered. Do any of you experienced A & S folks have simple
            period songs you would suggest including? Songs with documentation
            are preferable. Many thanks in advance.

            Yours in light & music...

            Lady Ivory Genevieve la Rousse
            Kingdom of Atenveldt
          • wodeford
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 7, 2001
              --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "ivorylarougette" <ivorygenevieve@h...> wrote:
              > I will be teaching a class in period songs at the Estrella War.
              > It's meant for beginning A & S hopefuls. At this point I have most
              > of the songs gathered.
              So? Gonna share, my lady, or make us suggest things you've already
              thought of?

              > Do any of you experienced A & S folks have simple period songs you
              > would suggest including? Songs with documentation are preferable.
              I realize that Estrellla is after Christmas, but if you can lay hands
              upon a copy of "The New Oxford Book of Carols", about a third of
              what's in there is not only period, but the documentation's done for
              you. And some of them have the bonus of being already familiar tunes.

              I'm in the process of packing for a move, so I can't really drag out
              books at the moment, but "L'Homme Armee", "Edi Beo Thu Hevene Quene,"
              Cornyshe's "Ah, Robyn" all spring to mind. "Tempus Ad Est Floridum"
              which was swiped and used for "Good King Wenceslaus." There's lots of
              easy rounds in Ravenscroft up on the SCA Minstrel page.

              Good luck,
              Jehanne de Wodeford, Rusted WOodlands (EAST)
            • kisamul
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 7, 2001
                Greetings all,

                New to the list. I'm usually among the last to figure these things
                out. Hi Cellagh!

                ---Ceara ni Neill
                House Barra, Meridies

                "Meddle ye not in the ways of a bard, else thy name be set to
                "Greensleeves"!
              • Stephen Melvin
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 8, 2001
                  Ceara, Good to see you!

                  -Rathflaed

                  >From: "kisamul" <along126@...>
                  >To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Hi Y'all!!
                  >Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:19:25 -0000
                  >
                  >Greetings all,
                  >
                  >New to the list. I'm usually among the last to figure these things
                  >out. Hi Cellagh!
                  >
                  >---Ceara ni Neill
                  >House Barra, Meridies
                  >
                  >"Meddle ye not in the ways of a bard, else thy name be set to
                  >"Greensleeves"!

                • Thaddaeus A. Vick
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 8, 2001
                    --- kisamul <along126@...> wrote:
                    > Greetings all,
                    >
                    > New to the list. I'm usually among the last to figure these things
                    > out. Hi Cellagh!

                    Howdy Ceara, haven't seen you in a while. :)

                    Cellach Cosnocht mac C��in, Rogue Herald
                    Barony of the South Downs, Meridies

                    =====
                    Thaddaeus A. Vick, Linguist to the Masses Email: ThaddaeusV@...
                    http://greetings.yahoo.com
                  • Greg Lindahl
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 8, 2001
                      > I will be teaching a class in period songs at the Estrella War. It's
                      > meant for beginning A & S hopefuls. At this point I have most of the
                      > songs gathered. Do any of you experienced A & S folks have simple
                      > period songs you would suggest including? Songs with documentation
                      > are preferable. Many thanks in advance.

                      In addition to the Ravenscroft rounds already mentioned:

                      Watkins Ale, a naughty ballad from 1580.

                      The Marriage of the Frogge and Mouse, children's song, Ravenscroft.

                      Of all the Birds, and Martin Said To His Man, drinking songs, Ravenscroft.

                      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ravenscroft/
                      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ballads/

                      Gregory Blount
                    • Alexandria K. Long
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 8, 2001
                        Hi Greg, long time no see!
                        if any of your beginning folks happen to be children, I wrote an article specifically for kids interested in bardic arts. It's not geared toward any specific genre, mainly just to get kids off on the right foot.

                        PS--hello to Zoe!

                        ---Ceara ni Neill
                        Reach out and touch someone. Literally. With a stick.
                      • ivorylarougette
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 13, 2001
                          Good Lady, I thank you for your suggestions. I am already making
                          good use of the New Oxford Book of Carols. It's wonderful! I'll
                          check out the others and the web site. Again, my thanks!

                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 13, 2001
                            Greetings Gregory!

                            Thank you for the feedback. I'll be looking at these songs and the
                            web sites. I appreciate your suggestions!

                            Lady Ivory

                            --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., Greg Lindahl <lindahl@p...> wrote:
                            > In addition to the Ravenscroft rounds already mentioned:
                            >
                            > Watkins Ale, a naughty ballad from 1580.
                            >
                            > The Marriage of the Frogge and Mouse, children's song, Ravenscroft.
                            >
                            > Of all the Birds, and Martin Said To His Man, drinking songs,
                            Ravenscroft.

                            > http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ravenscroft/
                            > http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ballads/
                            >
                            > Gregory Blount
                          • ivorylarougette
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 13, 2001
                              Hi Ceara,

                              It's I who am teaching the class at Estrella War. Gregory was
                              responding to my request for period songs. I've been teaching these
                              types of classes for years and want some fresh songs. Your article
                              sounds interesting. Would you mind if I print out copies to give to
                              the young ones who attend?

                              Lady Ivory

                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 13, 2001
                                aha!
                                yes of course, that's what the article's there for.
                                I was inspired to write a piece for kids after being asked to help teach for the page's school at pennsic some time back. Kinda caught me off guard to come to the tent and find about 40 little ones waiting on me! We learned "Greensleeves", the short version (4 verses). It was fun, and most of them could do 2 verses by the time they left. Aw come on, it was only about 30 minutes and they were all under age 12!

                                ---Ceara ni Neill
                                Reach out and touch someone. Literally. With a stick.
                              • Stephanie Wilkerson
                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 14, 2001
                                  --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., Greg Lindahl <lindahl@p...>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > > In addition to the Ravenscroft rounds already
                                  > mentioned:
                                  > >
                                  > > Watkins Ale, a naughty ballad from 1580.
                                  > >
                                  > > The Marriage of the Frogge and Mouse, children's
                                  > song, Ravenscroft.
                                  > >
                                  > > Of all the Birds, and Martin Said To His Man,
                                  > drinking songs,
                                  > Ravenscroft.
                                  > Gregory Blount

                                  If you are interested in Scadian drinking songs, I
                                  have copies of the Dark Horde's Cipnals(1& 2), I would
                                  be happy to send you copies.Although they are in no
                                  way period, they are quite fun.
                                  Bebhinn

                                  or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
                                • Tessa Nieto
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 11, 2006
                                    Hey everyone!!

                                    I know some of you Kingdom Bards indicated that you
                                    will be attending Estrella War. Could you please email
                                    me offlist if you are still planning on attending?
                                    Thanks!

                                    Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS are in order for my foster
                                    sister, HL Elanor O'Rourk, on becoming the newest
                                    Sable Bard of Ansteorra!!!! WAY TO GO, SIS!!!!!!!!

                                    Ever in service with a song and a smile,
                                    Lady Eleanor Cleavely
                                    Bard of the Sun
                                    Bard of Sun Dragon
                                    Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells

                                    Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long, and your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of Clare

                                    Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  • Whiskeybards
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jan 11, 2006
                                      As you know, the Whiskey Bards will be at Estrella.

                                      Tonis

                                      Yahoo! Photos
                                    • Fine MacEwen
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011