Re: [SCA_BARDS] Re: Digest Number 350

  • Stephanie Wilkerson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2001
      --- Stephen Melvin <Rathflaed@...> wrote:
      > Everytime someone
      > >tells you you did well, every time people applaud
      > (and they will,
      > >because the SCA is like that), take that into
      > yourself. Remember how
      > >good it feels.
      >
      > The POWER!!!! What a drug! :) Just be careful not
      > to take too much into
      > yourself, or your head will explode. Or find people
      > like my wife who claims
      > it's her job to make sure that my ego doesn't get
      > too big. :)
      >
      > On a more serious note: Play for the halflings.
      > They love it, you don't
      > have to feel embarassed, and it is our job to keep
      > alive the histories and
      > traditions. That means teaching the young ones. :)
      >
      > Rathflaed

      I got embarrassed over the praise, I can take criticsm
      okay, it's the complements that make me blush. When I
      sang I made one of my friends(a stick jock) cry,
      although he was okay later. ever since I get really
      embarrassed when I sing something that isn't silly or
      frivolous. I love singing with the halflings, but I
      usually just stick to telling them stories. Most kids
      seem to absolutly love "Ricki tiki timbo no surembo
      cherry berry rip pip perry pembo".I also like showing
      them how to make up stories, such imaginations. I
      guess i sing more for my own enjoyment and
      selfexpression then to preform(yes I am one of those
      people that sings when they are happy, it's a
      sickness)I do love obscure Christmas hymms though, my
      favorites are Kings To Thy Rising and Let All Mortal
      Flesh . I used to do UCC conference concerts, and had
      no problems but when I sing for people I know and they
      praise me, I get embarrassed. I much prefer to play
      with words in poetic form(although sometimes I think
      I've slapped the words around more then played. 8-)!)
      Bebhinn

      http://greetings.yahoo.com