Re: [SCA_BARDS] Bardic Laurel

  • Trey Capnerhurst
    Message 1 of 80 , Dec 16, 2001
      You're gonna have to be more specific. I work with the Royal Bard of
      Avacal, and his lady, each of whom have a laurel in bardic. But they have
      thiers for instramental. She rarely sings, and he performs with the
      gravelly male style that he does so well. He's an awesome storyteller with
      his voice and he usually does the folksy stuff when he sings.

      I'm the one that does the descant for them. I've been classically trained
      as a coluratura sop., and I do all the classical languages. I also do folk,
      and I teach vocal performance Ithra, but don't even have my AoA yet, darn
      it.

      One of the recent Princesses I know around here has hers in bardic, too, and
      she does the folksy in women's style, but she's very shy about her singing.
      She may feel okay with an apprentice, though.

      So it kind of depends on what you're looking for.

      Traesach

      >From: Jessica Holder <the-goodgirl@...>
      >To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SCA_BARDS] Bardic Laurel
      >Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:03:08 -0700
      >
      >Bren & Traesach,
      >
      >Well, I am looking for a Bardic Laurel to apprentice to primarily in
      >singing.
      >
      >Lady Christine

    • Jeff, Leslie and kids
      Message 80 of 80 , Jan 15, 2002