Ballad of King Ferdinand

  • Vivian Elam
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2000
      In the far off land of Kind Ferdinand, there lived a fearsome dragon. The
      King he was in great distress, his country's spirit laggin'.
      Until there came a shining knight who was dashing, young and charming. And
      he slew the dragon with his sword and smile that was so disarming.
      With a Hey and Ho and Hey Nonny No, with a smile that was so disarming.

      Said the King, "I'd like to know your name." Said the knight, "Sir do not
      bother. Yea verily, on knight,"said he, "is the same as any other." The
      King then said, "In my daughter's bed this night you'll take your leisure.
      You'll be rewarded for your deed with a night of exhausted pleasure."
      With a Hey and Ho and Hey Nonny No, with a night of exhausted pleasure.

      One daughter she has raven hair, she's a maiden young and chaste. She
      sleeps all night in the pale moonlight, naked to her waist. The other
      daughter is so fair, the fairest in the town. She sleeps all night in the
      pale moonlight, naked from her small waist down.
      With a Hey and Ho and Hey Nonny No, naked from her small waist down.

      Well the knight he stayed for many an hour inside the castle wall. But the
      ending to our story is not what it seems at all. For in neither bed of
      either maid was he repaid for his glory. No, he slept all night with the
      King instead 'cause this is a fairy story.
      With a Hey and Ho and Hey Nonny No, yes, this is a fairy story-oh.