Looking for a song

  • Thaddaeus A. Vick
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 22, 2001
      At Border Raids in 1995, a gentleman by the name of Lukas ap Pluke
      Mantach apparently became quite, um, happy and decided to assist with
      the task of breaking up bags of ice. With his head. The third bag
      broke his head, leaving him with a huge gash. (My sister, gods help
      her, has since married this person.) Apparently, there was a song
      written about this incident, something about slaying of ice dragons,
      and I am trying to locate it. If anyone could provide any assistance,
      I would be most grateful.

      Cellach Cosnocht mac C��in, Rogue Herald
      Bard to House Brokenheart
      Barony of the South Downs, Meridies

      =====
      Thaddaeus A. Vick, Linguist to the Masses Email: ThaddaeusV@...
      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • Kathi
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2006
        Hi everybody,

        Does anybody know where I can find an MP3 or sheet music or something
        to learn the tune of "Fruit of the Yew" please? I found the lyrics at
        http://www.byzantios.net/modar/Yew.htm but there's nothing to match
        notes to words. Humbug.

        My barony is having their annual archery event this Saturday, and for
        once I've remembered this *before* I got to the event site. Not much
        before, but before. Marvelously topical, IF there's a way I can get
        the tune.

        Molto Grazie,
        --Lucia
      • Hobbe
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2006
          I found:
          http://www.james-gang.org/greydove/audio/Fruit%20of%20the%20Yew.mp3
          on the website:
          http://www.james-gang.org/greydove/songs.html
          - Hobbe

          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Kathi" <kcoutinho@...> wrote:

          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > Does anybody know where I can find an MP3 or sheet music or something
          > to learn the tune of "Fruit of the Yew" please?
          > Molto Grazie,
          > --Lucia

        • Mathurin Kerbusso
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2006
            Kathi wrote:

            > Hi everybody,
            >
            > Does anybody know where I can find an MP3 or sheet music or something
            > to learn the tune of "Fruit of the Yew" please? I found the lyrics at
            > http://www.byzantios.net/modar/Yew.htm but there's nothing to match
            > notes to words. Humbug

            <http://www.byzantios.net/modar/Yew.htm> <mailto:jim@...>You
            could contact the writer jim@... <mailto:jim@...>

            You will hear significant variation from the lyrics as posted at the
            source you linked to.

            Mathurin
          • mathurin@forgottensea.org
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 17, 2006
              Having followed my own advice, I got this reply back:

              Thanks for your interst! I have "Fruit of the Yew" on a CD of other original
              and traditional ballads. Just send $10 (this includes all postage) in a
              check or money order payable to:

              Jim Gahar
              POB 5558
              Mesa, AZ
              85211-5558

              I'll send it out the next day.
            • Shivaun McGoff
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 9, 2008
                Hi all,

                Just got back from war.. or the Great Peace of Pennsic 37.. and was unsuccessful in locating a particular song I thought I might find.

                Does anybody have the song "Roses for the Fighters"?  I understand it's about an Atenveldt queen who when she ran out of real roses to give to her soldiers she cut roses from her dress to make up the lack.

                Thanks in advance,
                Siobhan inghean ui Dhonnabhain
                East
              • Richard
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10, 2008
                  I don't know it off the top of my head but I'll go ahead and forard
                  your request over to the Atenbards yahoo group (SHAMELESS PLUG) I'm
                  sure someone will have it. Probably Yonatan. Yonatan has EVERYTHING! ;-)

                  Driscoll