Re: Iron Bog A&S Symposium

  • Shivaun McGoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2001
      wodeford@... wrote:

      > Iron Bog is an East Kingdom group in Southern New Jersey. I just took a
      look at Lady Siobhan's directions and the site is in Palmyra, NJ.

      I'd like to apologize for posting that here - hunting through your address
      book for appropriate addresses and thinking "Oh, bards! Sure, they'd want to
      know" was my first impulse, but probably should have limited it to a smaller
      geographic area - sorry for taking up the bandwidth for those outkingdom
      bards who'd have to build their own Icarus wings to get here ;)

      Actually the site is technically in Riverton, NJ but everything goes through
      the Cinnaminson post office, so either or.

      Thanks
      -S.
    • wodeford@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2001
        --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., Shivaun McGoff <ladysiobhan@h...> wrote:
        > I'd like to apologize for posting that here - hunting through your
        > address book for appropriate addresses and thinking "Oh,
        > bards! Sure, they'd want to know" was my first impulse, but
        > probably should have limited it to a smaller geographic area -
        > sorry for taking up the bandwidth for those outkingdom
        > bards who'd have to build their own Icarus wings to get here ;)

        Siobhan, don't apologize for telling people of a chance to do bardic
        stuff - I might hike down for your circle if my time permits next
        week. (Have you posted to the EKBards list?) You're doing a service.

        However, it's always a good idea to include some sort of location
        identification on these big interkingdom lists. It's nice to
        know, "So-and-so's from my kingdom and is interested in the same
        thing I am" and maybe arrange to meet at an event. Or, as many of our
        list members do, give folks a heads-up on events and activities that
        may be of common interest. Event announcements should include real-
        world place names. (Outkingdom members won't recognize local group
        names.)

        BTW, for any East Kingdom members who may be interested, 100 Minutes
        War approaches, Saturday 11/10/01, Mahwah, NJ. (There is a full event
        announcement at www.eastkingdom.org.) Since this has been combined
        with Royal Rapier Champs, the feast is going to sell out, so if
        you're thinking of attending, get a reservation in quickly.

        And on that note, putting my money where my mouth is, I'll shut up
        now.

        Jehanne de Wodeford, Rusted Woodlands, EAST. (Isn't that easy? ;->)