Cantigas de Santa Maria

  • L Joseph
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30 6:51 AM
      The following URL was passed on to me from another
      list. It contains midi files for the complete
      Cantigas.

      http://perso.club-internet.fr/brassy/PartMed/Cantigas/CSMIDI.html

      Enjoy,
      Jehanne de Wodeford, Rusted Woodlands (EAST)

      =====
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • sunshinegirl
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31 10:37 AM
        From: "L Joseph" <wodeford@...>

        > The following URL was passed on to me from another
        > list. It contains midi files for the complete
        > Cantigas.
        >
        > http://perso.club-internet.fr/brassy/PartMed/Cantigas/CSMIDI.html

        Cool. Is there an English page?

        Melandra - who doesn't read French...
      • wodeford@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31 11:00 AM
          I was informed by some folks who tried the link I posted that they
          were experiencing errors. If you try the main page for that site

          http://perso.club-internet.fr/brassy/PartMed/Partmed.html

          you should be able to get through. There are files for lots of other
          medieval sources. The site is in Spanish, but is fairly navigable for
          the non-spanish speaker if you know what you want to look up.

          Thanks to Mistress Linette de Gallardon for telling me about the
          selections on the website's main page.

          Jehanne de Wodeford, Rusted Woodlands (EAST)
        • C&HWood
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
            At 11:22 AM 9/1/01 +0000, you wrote:
            >I was informed by some folks who tried the link I posted that they
            >were experiencing errors. If you try the main page for that site
            >
            >http://perso.club-internet.fr/brassy/PartMed/Partmed.html
            >
            >you should be able to get through. There are files for lots of other
            >medieval sources. The site is in Spanish, but is fairly navigable for
            >the non-spanish speaker if you know what you want to look up.
            Erm, Jehanne, it's in French - just a different Romance language, y'know ;)

            Those who don't know French, don't despair - the website really is
            navigable without reading French. And there actually isn't very much text
            - mostly just links to more links with the lyrics and music.

            Linette
          • wodeford@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
              --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., C&HWood <linette@e...> wrote:
              > Erm, Jehanne, it's in French - just a different Romance language,
              y'know ;)

              Oops, you're right. Sorry 'bout that. (Seems like about half the
              websites I've looked at over the past week or so were in either
              French or Spanish, except for that one in Japanese!)

              BTW, for those of you interested in folk music of later times, have I
              mentioned www.contemplator.com? It includes midis and lyrics for sea
              chanteys, popular songs of the Revolutionary and Civil War, etc.,
              broadside ballads, Irish and Scottish stuff, with a section devoted
              to O'Carolan. Not bad if you've ever wanted to know what the words to
              the tune used for the Star Spangled Banner were.

              This is not to be construed as a recommendation for using post-
              period music at SCA functions, because, as you all well know, this
              writer is a stuffy purist and proud of it. ;->

              Jehanne de Wodeford, Rusted Woodlands (EAST)