9646Known World Bardic Congress and Cooks Collegium (100 classes, a long weekend, 8 meals, and so much more)

  • Sue Gilbert
    Jun 15, 2014
      The Kingdom of Northshield and the Barony of Jararvellir are looking forward to welcoming gentles from all corners of the Known World over Labor Day weekend, August 29-September 1, in the beautiful Wisconsin Dells for the seventh Known World Bardic Congress and Cooks Collegium.
      We are excited to offer 100 classes in cookery, music and the bardic arts, as well as brewing & vintning. All of the class descriptions are up on our website now. We have teachers coming from many kingdoms who will be offering lectures, discussions, and hands-on workshops for all levels of knowledge and ability. Check them out at: http://jararvellir.org/cooksnbards2014/classes.html
      We encourage everyone that is planning on attending to pre-register. This will give you an opportunity to make your preference for housing known to us and give you a chance to sign up for the meal plan (so we know how much food to have) which includes what will be an incredible feast (limited to the first 100 registrants). To pre-register, please go to http://jararvellir.org/cooksnbards2014/reg-attendee-form.html and fill out the online form. Payment can be by cheque or credit card (through ACCEPS). Deadline for pre-registration is August 15.
      Some things you should know about the event:
      · Site fee includes access to all classes as well as the proceedings (which will contain class notes and bibliographies, recipes, and teacher biographies) as well as food on Friday night plus Sunday supper and Monday breakfast
      · Meal plan includes 5 meals including Saturday's feast
      · Lodging is priced per person per night whether staying in a bed in a climate-controlled building or camping.
      · Attendees will need to provide their own linens and towels. Loaner gear will be available.
      · Camping is relatively primitive (pit toilet, no water source and electricity only at one of the sites.)
      · The Wisconsin Dells is a very popular tourist destination and it will be a holiday weekend. If you want to stay off-site, please make your reservation as soon as possible
      More details for all of this and more can be found on our website. Please direct questions to cooks.bards2014@... and we will respond as quickly as we are able.
      Shava, one of the Herders of the cats, Lyricists for the honeybees, and Lassoers of the winds

      I remain, in service to the Northshield, our Society, and most of all, to the populace~~

      Elashava bas Riva, CL, CP,
      (mka Sue Gilbert) 3314 Ridgeway Ave. Madison, WI 53704 phone: 608.244.2845; cell 608.213.1107