8682Re: [Pbardic] New song written while striking camp yesterday

  • Mary Sanger
    Aug 11, 2009
      Nice song, Sis.
      I'll look forward to hear you singng it when next we meet.

      Rose Marian

      On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM, <Storybard@...> wrote:
      One More Pennsic
      by Mistress Gabrielle d'Auvergne
      Pennsic XXXVIII
      copyright©Czarnota2009

      One more Pennsic, It's good to be alive
      Just one more Pennsic, All the battles to survive
      One more Pennsic, against the sun and rain
      And we'll meet on Cooper's shore again.

      Oh, we'll meet on Cooper's shore where we'll dance and sing and fight
      Go shopping in the market place and walk the roads by night
      We'll learn at University and see a trav'ling show
      Then watch it vanish in the mist to rise again we know.

      One more Pennsic, It's good to be alive
      Just one more Pennsic, All the battles to survive
      One more Pennsic, against the sun and rain
      And we'll meet on Cooper's shore again.

      Instrumental break

      Oh, the Dragonship has carried the ashes of our past
      While moonlight strikes the water, We hold our mem'ries fast
      We gather round the fire with friends both new and old
      And we listen to our history and stories as they're told.

      Because it's
      One more Pennsic, It's good to be alive
      Just one more Pennsic, All the battles to survive
      One more Pennsic, against the sun and rain
      And we'll meet on Cooper's shore again.

      Oh, we'll meet on Cooper's shore, we'll meet on Cooper's shore
      It's good to be alive and meet on Cooper's shore.

      Gabrielle d'Auvergne