8160Greeny-sleeves

  • Lady Aneleda Falconbridge
    Oct 1, 2008
      Where did Charlemagne put his armies? In his sleevies!
      based on the text of the first piece in the link below - We re-wrote
      it to modernize it for easy reading, and because we felt the
      verse/chorus structure for so many verses seemed a bit *long* we
      grouped the verses into sets of three verses / chorus. And we often
      still cut more out when performing, and have a men only/women only
      (men always sing "And YET you would not love me!")

      So, it the same, but different.

      =)

      Aneleda

      --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Greg Lindahl <lindahl@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:41:34PM -0000, Lady Aneleda Falconbridge
      wrote:

      > > I'll put the verses we have (and have cut down) in the files
      section.

      > Well, you could always use the original:
      >
      > http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ballads/handful.html#green

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic