7345Re: My latest doggerel (bawdy, with introduction, comments sought)

  • Jeff Suzuki
    Jun 1, 2007
      --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Rick Greene <rickg@...> wrote:

      > I'm a bit confused by the first verse, however, doesn't quite seem to
      > fit the rest. All the other verses seem to be about the woman, but
      > that first verse doesn't seem to refer to her at all? Not knowing
      > the inspiring story, did I miss something?

      Alibech's the girl's name; the particular story is at

      http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/decameron/engDecShowText.php?
      myID=nov0310&expand=day03

      among other places, though as I scan through the story, they declined
      to translate the relevant sections. The story is *extremely* risque:
      if you wrote this story today, you'd probably be up on charges. I
      personally would not tell it unless I was absolutely certain of my
      audience.

      Enjoyed the additional verses. (The original idea was to go through
      various professions---cooper, chandler, etc., but the only verse I
      could get to work was the architect one. The knight/archer/fencer
      theme works very well, and I wish I'd thought of it...)

      Jeffs/etc.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic