7335My latest doggerel (bawdy, with introduction, comments sought)

  • Jeff Suzuki
    Jun 1, 2007
      In a (probably futile) attempt to expand my limited skill set, I set
      myself to the challenge of writing a bawdy piece...

      Before I get to the song, a few questions. My strong desire is to
      produce a piece that is risque/bawdy, but definitely *not*
      pornographic. Oliver Wendell Holmes aside, I'm wondering if anyone
      out there has thoughts on where the line is. More generally, what
      makes a song bawdy?

      The music is bransle pinagay; the song is inspired by a story from
      the Decameron (tenth tale, third day for those who are interested).
      Comments are welcome, as this is a relatively new area for me. If
      anyone should feel inspired, the song is amenable to limitless
      expansion (open source creative license granted herewith, etc., etc.)

      I'll also leave a bit of space, to allow for the parental advisory.
      .
      .
      .
      Warning! Adult content ahead!