      From: Jess
      Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6:16 AM
      Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Etiquette

      My name's Jessica, and I'm fairly new to the SCA (no persona yet). I
      have a question about etiquette. As a newbie just trying to spread
      my little bardic wings, I'm hearing a lot of pieces from others and
      on-line that I would like to learn. If it is another's original
      work, is this OK? In general do bards see it as an honor someone
      wants to perform their work, or an insult that they are trying to
      steal their "stuff".

      The obvious answer, I know, is to ask permission and give credit
      where due. But I was curious what the general thought is about
      someone performing your work.

      Also if I find or hear a random piece, and am unsure of who it cam
      from, is it OK to perform with a credit disclaimer at the beginning
      or, should I steer clear?

      How does all of this come to play with a competition?

      Thanks for you help!

      Jessica

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic