1708RE: [SCA_BARDS] Moosiness

  • Trey Capnerhurst
    Jan 2, 2002
      You will ever be able to convince me that pandering to the lowest commen
      denominator will somehow elevate minds and values.

      If I hear a bard perform this kind of material, I would be repulsed and
      would probubly leave. So would many others. I would definatly lose respect
      for the bard that would cater to such poor taste. Alienating all those with
      'honor and chivalry' would mean all you had left in your audience would be
      those who considered this style to be in 'good fun'.

      Active participation obviously implies approval of such behaviour. If a
      bard chooses to wallow in that kind of muck, then it only confirms the
      audiences' sensabilties. The bard looses all ground to elevate their
      attitudes. Permanatly, I'm afraid, to whomever remembers them performing
      such swill.

      The best and really only way of inspiring chivalric and honorable behaviour
      is to be an example yourself. Walking the walk means zero tolerance to
      material that encourages sexism, rasicm, and other low minded thinking.

      IMHO.

      Traesach