Strides for Autism Sponsorships

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2014

    Happy 2014 everyone!

    Do you know of a business or organization that might like to become a Strides for Autism Sponsor?  The time is now!  You can:

    ·         Email me the contact information for the business/organization, and I will contact them.

    OR

    ·         Forward this email to them to review

    Stay tuned for more Strides for Autism information coming soon.  Go ahead and mark your calendars now for:

    Upstate:  Saturday, April 5, 2014, Heritage Park, Simpsonville

    Midlands:  Saturday, May 3, 2014, Finlay Park, Columbia

    Please feel free to contact me with any questions!  Thanks for your help!

    Cell:  (864) 517-0501 ß New Number

    Residents across the state will again walk in 2014 in support of South Carolina families affected by autism in the Strides for Autism events to benefit the South Carolina Autism Society (SCAS).  Strides for Autism is SCAS’s signature fund-raising and awareness walk.  Our 2014 walks are scheduled as follows:

    Upstate:  Saturday, April 5, 2014

    Midlands:  Saturday, May 3, 2014

    We would like to invite you to join us at this exciting event as a Corporate Sponsor.  Attached is information on all sponsorship levels, and a registration form that you can complete and return to us.

    For 2014, we are adding the opportunity to be our Presenting Sponsor.  At this level, you will be recognized as our Presenting Sponsor, “Strides for Autism, Presented by [Your Company]”.  Only one Presenting Sponsor level is available, so act now!

    We have two goals with our Strides events:

    1)    To raise the awareness of autism spectrum disorders.  The better understanding our society has about autism, the better the quality of life for those on the spectrum will be.

    2)    To raise funds for the South Carolina Autism Society. This fundraiser is to help ensure SCAS can meet the needs of families through:

    a.    Service Coordination:  Our Service Coordinators work to ensure that the individuals on their caseloads receive the best services to which they are entitled.

    b.    Parent School Partnership:  Our Parent Mentors work to assist children with autism in reaching their maximum potential in the classroom through appropriate services and accommodations.

    c.    Information & Referral.  We aim to help provide accurate and timely information to families and professionals about autism spectrum disorders and services available throughout the state.

    d.    Training.  We work in partnership with the South Carolina Department of Education to provide training to families and professionals about various strategies and supports.

    e.    Advocacy.  We work with policy makers throughout the state to help improve the services available to individuals with autism spectrum disorders.

    f.     Events.  In addition to our Strides for Autism events, we regularly partner with other community organizations to provide respite and family activities statewide.

    SCAS is the only statewide agency advocating for children and adults with autism spectrum disorders and their families, while also providing assistance and resources.  SCAS promotes, educates and raises awareness that one in every 88 births in the U.S. is a child with autism, and provides support for South Carolina-based research and development.  Most importantly, SCAS works to ensure that the almost 54,000 individuals with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) living in South Carolina have opportunities to achieve a quality of life comparable to their peers.

    Monies raised for South Carolina Autism Society stay in South Carolina and go towards family supports, education, advocacy, and South Carolina-based research.

    We encourage you to join in supporting South Carolina families affected by autism by becoming a Corporate Sponsor for Strides for Autism.  Opportunities are also available for exhibitors, volunteers and participants.  We welcome the involvement of your employees as well.

    The Sponsorship process can now be completed online by visiting our website at http://www.scautism..org/strides/sponsorships.  To pay by check, please complete the attached form and mail it in as noted.

    For additional information on for Strides for Autism, along with information about autism and SCAS, is available on our website, http://www.scautism.org, or by calling the Columbia SCAS office at 1-800-438-4790.  You can also contact me with any additional questions.

    Thank you,

    Century at Keith

    Greenville, SC  29607-1578

    Cell:  (864) 517-0501 ß New Number