UPSTATE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! iCan Bike Camp - Eastside YMCA / Upstate

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2013

      The Eastside Family YMCA is hosting a iCan Bike Camp at Taylors First Baptist Church in Taylors, SC July 29- Aug 2. iCan Shine is a non-profit organization that teaches individuals with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle through its iCan Bike program. We are partnering up with individuals and businesses in our area to make sure that this camp is the best it can be but WE NEED YOUR HELP!

      There are 40 available rider spots which is requiring us to find 80 volunteers (two for each camper) that can commit to helping out during that week of camp. As of now we have 12 participants signed up so we can also use your help in spreading the word to get more signed up.

      VOUNTEER SESSIONS: Each rider attends the same 75-minute session for each of the 5 days (M – F) and is assigned two volunteers that will work with the rider throughout the week.  We have sessions during the following times:

      8:30 am - 9:45 am

      10:05 am – 11:20 am

      11:40 pm – 12:55 pm

      2:00 pm – 3:15 pm

      3:35 pm - 4:50 pm

      If any of you can commit to one of the five sessions or know anyone that is looking to help volunteer, all five days would be ideal but any help is much appreciated.

      VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:

      • At least 16 years old (unless accompanied by an adult)

      • 15 minutes of training/daily debriefing prior to session

      • Able to provide physical, emotional and motivational support to assigned rider

      Able and willing to get some exercise (light jogging/running) for a great cause!

      Able to attend volunteer training Sunday July 28th for one hour 3:00-4pm at Taylors First Baptist

      I have attached rider and volunteer registration forms along with flyers that you can post to help spread the word. Please look over this information along with the link below to find out more about our camp:

      http://icanshine.org/ican-bike-taylors-sc/

      Please contact Lindsay Buckles or myself if you have any questions. Thanks so much,

      Zack

      Zack Hall
      District Executive Director

      Eastside Family YMCA - 864.292.2790
      George I. Theisen Family YMCA - 864.834.2400

      www.ymcagreenville.org

      The Y:  We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.