Register Now for Spectrum Scouts at Strides for Autism

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2013

      http://scautism.org/images/stories/scas/strides_2010_g00031.jpgSpectrum Scouts

      Since 2010, our Upstate and Midlands Strides for Autism events have kicked off with a flag ceremony.  These ceremonies are conducted by Scouts, both male and female, who have been affected by autism.  Some were scouts with autism, while others were their typically-developing peers who came out in support.

      Now is the time to sign up to participate in our Strides for Autism Spectrum Scouts for 2013!  Our events will take place as follows:

      Upstate ~ April 13, 2013 at Heritage Park, Simpsonville, SC

      Midlands ~ May 4, 2013 at Riverwalk Amphitheater, West Columbia, SC

      ·         We welcome all Scouts, male or female, currently active or inactive, ASD or their typically-developing peers who wish to come out in support.

      ·         Uniforms are encouraged, but not required.

      ·         Participants will report to the event site by 8:15 am for a brief practice.

      ·         We are also seeking adult scout leaders to lead the flag ceremony on the event day for our Midlands event.

      If you are interested in participating in Spectrum Scouts at a Strides for Autism event, please click here to complete the registration form.  Registration is necessary so that we can ensure enough patches are available to award to all the participating scouts.

      Cell(864) 346-4180