Strides for Autism Resource Fair!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013

      Good Morning Autism Community!

      We are seek participants in our Resource Fair for both the Upstate and Midlands Strides for Autism events.  If you know of an organization, business, or service that you think may be interested, we’d love to invite them!  You are welcome to forward this email to them, or send me their information and I will contact them directly.

      Thank you!

      Cell(864) 346-4180

      Announcing our 2013 spring Strides for Autism events!
      Don’t miss out on participating in our Resource Fair!

      Upstate Strides for Autism
      Saturday,
      April 13, 2013
      Heritage Park
      Simpsonville, SC

      Midlands Strides for Autism
      Saturday,
      May 4, 2013
      Riverwalk Amphitheater
      West Columbia, SC
      New Location!

      Registration for each event will begin at 8:00 am, and the walks will begin at 9:00 am.

      We would like to invite you to participate in our Resource Fair as an Exhibitor.  We also have Sponsorship opportunities available.

      Why it is important to support the South Carolina Autism Society through Strides for Autism?

      According to Craig Stoxen, President & CEO of the South Carolina Autism Society, we have two goals with our Strides event.

      1)    To raise the awareness of autism spectrum disorders. With the occurrence rate of autism at 1 in 88 everyone is or will soon be affected in one way or another by autism. It may be a family member or it may be coworker’s child or a friend’s child. So the better understanding our society has, the better the quality of life for those on the spectrum will be.

      2)    To raise funds for the South Carolina Autism Society. This fundraiser is to help ensure SCAS can meet the needs of families through information and referral, trainings and workshops and advocacy.

      Where does that money go?

      Monies go to help support this mission of the South Carolina Autism Society, which is, “To enable all individuals with autism spectrum disorders to reach their maximum potential.”  According to the South Carolina Secretary of State’s website, almost 92% of all monies go directly towards Program Expenses, which means that more than $1,000,000 a year is going directly to help support those with autism in South Carolina.

      What does the South Carolina Autism Society do?

      The South Carolina Autism Society is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization which has been assisting families for more than 40 years.  We provide the following programs:

      • Information and Referral:  Providing information to parents and professionals about autism and available services.
      • Advocacy:  SCAS provides advocacy on all levels from the individual level on up to the system change level.
      • Autism and Informed Response:  Training for emergency responders (law enforcement, EMS, fire fighters, etc) on autism, using parent volunteers.
      • Parent-School Partnership:  To assist children with autism in receiving the best education possible by helping to build relationships between the school and the parents.
      • Service Coordination:  Is an expansion of the society’s existing programs of information and referral and advocacy.  SCAS will provide service coordination to individuals with autism spectrum disorders.
      • Workshops and Conference:  Stay tuned for information on our October 2013 conference!
      • Special Projects, such as:
        • Key Indicators and Training (KAIT) Project
        • Autism Training Collaborative
        • Project MEANS (Meaningful Engagement Around the Needs of a Student)
        • All Are Welcome faith inclusion training

      o   Guardianship and Protection project.

      Now that you know why Strides for Autism is so important, join us at these exciting events, by participating in our resource fair as an exhibitor.  Share information about your business, organization, service, or product with the approximately 500 attendees at each of these two events!

      Rates are just $100 for non-profit organizations or state agencies, and $150 for for-profit companies.  We welcome you at one or both of the events.  Attached is an information and registration form that you can complete and return to us.  You may also register online by clicking here!

      We also have sponsorship opportunities available.  Attached is an information and sponsorship form that you can complete and return to us.  You may also sponsor online by clicking here!

      We encourage you to join us at Strides for Autism, and spread the word to your clients.  Registration and other information for Strides for Autism, along with information about autism and SCAS, is available at the event Web site, www.scautism.org/strides/, or by calling the Columbia SCAS office at 1-800-438-4790

      Thank you,