UPSTATE: YMCA Spectrum Valentine Ball Reminder!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2013

      Reminder!  The YMCA Spectrum Ball is coming up in just a few weeks!  Please get your RSVP in soon so we can properly plan for food and activities!

      THEY'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE DANCE

      Fathers, take your daughters by the hand, and mothers, guide your sons to the dance floor.  The 2013 Spectrum Ball is a night of dancing and celebration for families living with someone on the Autism spectrum.  It's a fun, safe, and sensory-appropriate dance.

      What
      2013 Spectrum Ball

      When
      Saturday, February 23, 6:30 - 9:00 pm

      Where
      The YMCA Adams Mill Program Center Gym/Ballroom
      100 Adams Mill Road, Simpsonville

      Who's Invited
      Father/daughter couples, mother/son couples, or entire families.

      Dress
      Semi-formal (or whatever you choose!)

      Activities include:
      A Rocking DJ ... and a Square dance!
      Snacks -- including a Chocolate fountain
      Family photos -- professionally done
      ...and more!

      Cost
      $15 per couple or $25 per family (scholarships available).  Fees paid at the door on February 23rd.

      For more information
      Contact Greg McKee at 864-963-3608 x 24 or gmckee@...

      Click here to register online.

      If you are interested in volunteering to help with food, activities, decorations, etc., please email Susan at SusanL@...

      Special Notes:

      This is like a typical YMCA Spectrum Sunday activity, in that everyone understands that “autism happens”.

      ·         Dress up if you like, but any attire is appropriate.

      ·         Dance if you like, but other activities will be available.

      ·         We welcome EVERYONE, at ANY level of participation!

      Project Coordinator, All Are Welcome Grant