Autism Weekend of Prayer

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2013

      The South Carolina Autism Society is promoting the annual South Carolina Autism Weekend of Prayer.  Please share this email and the attachments with your place of worship.  If you would prefer for me to send it to them directly, please forward me the contact information.

      Thank you!!

      Project Coordinator, All Are Welcome Grant

      Cell(864) 346-4180

      Autism Weekend of Prayer
      February 8-10, 2013

      The South Carolina Autism Society is inviting you to join us in bringing Autism Weekend of Prayer to South Carolina.  We are reaching out to places of worship throughout the state to help bring awareness to the faith community.

      South Carolina’s Autism Weekend of Prayer coincides with Autism Sunday and international Day of Prayer for Autism and Aspergers Syndrome, initiated in 2002 by Ivan and Charika Corean of the United Kingdom.  Their son, Charin has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).  The aim of Autism Weekend of Prayer is to encourage all religions and denominations to become aware about the issues that parents, caregivers and people with Autism Spectrum Disorder face.

      Ivan Corea has stated: “faith communities have a huge role to play in reaching out to the socially excluded, the vulnerable and the downtrodden.  I would urge churches to go out to the community and reach out to parents, caregivers and all people with Autism and Aspergers Syndrome”.

      With your help, we would like to spread the word to all places of worship, and ask them to join us in South Carolina’s third annual Autism Weekend of Prayer.

      According to the centers for disease control, the occurrence rate for autism spectrum disorder is 1 in 88.  Over 52,000 individuals in South Carolina have Autism Spectrum Disorder.  With the occurrence rate this high, every family is affected through relatives, friends or neighbors.  It is hard to imagine any congregation not touched by autism.

      Attached is information on autism, suggested prayers that can be duplicated for your service and bulletin, and posters to promote this special day.  Please feel free to use any of this information to support Autism Weekend of Prayer.  We also invite you to view our All Are Welcome faith inclusion program at http://www.AllAreWelcome.info.

      Additional information on autism is available on our website at www.scautism.org.  Please feel free to call the South Carolina Autism Society as well with any questions at 800-438-4790, or email us at scas@...

      On behalf of individuals with autism, we thank you for your efforts to bring Autism Weekend of Prayer to South Carolina.

      Sincerely,

      craig

      Craig Stoxen

      President & CEO