SCAS Data Security Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      SCAS Data Security Update

      Click to view this email in a browser

      top_shadow.jpg

      left_shadow.jpg

      hardware_2_header_1.jpg

      November 2nd, 2012

      hardware_2_header_2.jpg

      scaslogo_SMALL 2

      Data Security Update

      How SCAS is Protecting You

      right_shadow.jpg

      large_box_top.gif

      SC Autism Society Data Security

      palmettopuzzle40yrs

      In light of the recent security breach at the South Carolina Department of Revenue, I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know about security procedures in place at the South Carolina Autism Society (SCAS).

      First, SCAS is a registered 503(c) non-profit, not affiliated with the South Carolina state government.

      The following is a summary of our online security.

      Credit Card Information

      • We maintain NO credit card information for any online donations or orders.  All of our credit card processing is handled through authorize.net, an industry leader in online payments since 1996.  Additionally, we subscribe to their fraud protection program.
      • We maintain NO electronic copies of credit card information for any donations or orders submitted by phone, in writing, or by any other means.  There are no databases or spreadsheets at SCAS containing credit card information.

      ·         Because of the above, any time you make a donation to SCAS or place an order, you will have to provide your credit card information.  We appreciate your patience with this, so that we can continue to ensure your information remains private.

      Social Security Number Information

      • We maintain NO electronic copies of social security numbers for any SCAS client, current or former.
      • We have NO databases or spreadsheets at SCAS containing social security numbers.

      What we DO have

      • Name, contact information, and membership history for SCAS members.
      • Name and contact information for SCAS donors.
      • Name and contact information for SCAS customers (those making purchases).

      Note that the information we maintain is stored in password protected and/or encrypted files.  At no time do we provide contact information to any third-parties.

      Should you have any questions about the security of your information at the South Carolina Autism Society, feel free to contact me.  For information and instructions for all South Carolina residents on the SC Department of Revenue situation, visit http://cts.vresp.com/c/?SouthCarolinaAutismS/a5bd11a5b8/1bde722e94/78836d2fe7.

      Thank you,

      craig

      Craig Stoxen

      President & CEO

      Visit us online at
      http://www.scautism.org

      large_box_bottom.gif

      spacer.gif

      Tel: (803) 750-6988
      Toll Free: (800) 438-4790
      Fax: (803) 750-8121
      Email: scas@...

      hardware_2_footer.jpg

      Click here to forward this email to a friend

      South Carolina Autism Society
      806 12th Street
      West Columbia, SC 29169
      US

      Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!