UPSTATE & MIDLANDS: Strides For Autism Online Registration/Sponsorships!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2010

      The first two South Carolina Autism Society Strides for Autism events of the year are fast approaching!  It is time to start your teams, register, and obtain sponsorships!  As a reminder, the first two walks are as follows:

                  Saturday, April 17, 2010 – Upstate Strides for Autism at Heritage Park in Simpsonville

                  Saturday, May 15, 2010 – Midlands Strides for Autism at Finaly Park in Columbia

      The Strides for Autism website is located at http://www.scautism.org/strides/.  There are a few options you may want to consider.

      Start A Team:

      Create a team to recognize someone with autism.  Whether you are an individual with autism, family member, provider, friend, or a member of the community who wants to get involved, this is the most popular option.  Once your team is created, you can contact your friends, family, coworkers, etc. to sponsor your team for the walk(s).

      *Note – If you created a team in the past, you will likely need to create a new one this year.

      Join A Team:

      This is where you can sponsor another team that is participating in Strides for Autism.  A great way to show your financial support, especially if you cannot make it out to the walks.  This is also where those who want to support your team can go online and donate.

      Registration:

                  If you want to come to a Strides for Autism event, but do not want to Start or Join a Team, this is the place for you.

      Attached are two PDF files that provide step-by-step instructions for starting a team and joining a team.  If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

      Best of luck to all teams and individuals as we take Strides for Autism!  Remember, together we can solve the puzzle!

      Susan Leiby

      Special Events Coordinator