Zumba Warmup to kick off Upstate Strides for Autism!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 7:59 AM

      Zumba at Strides for Autism!

      Announcing our special Zumba warmup before we starting walking at Upstate Strides for Autism!  Many thanks to the hosts of the Zumbathon for Autism for getting us started!  (Click here for more info on the Zumbathon.)

      So bring your dancing shoes and be ready to MOVE!  Here’s a sneak-peak at the shoes Derrick will be wearing!

      Strides for Autism

      Only 3 Days left until Upstate Strides for Autism!

      We are excited to see you all out at Heritage Park on Saturday, April 14th!

      Prefer to register or donate onsite?

      We accept cash, checks, and credit cards!

      Checks can be made out to South Carolina Autism Society.

      Browse our selection of SCAS and autism awareness merchandise.

      And we’re working on getting the NEW Transitions Jewlery back out to the event!

      We’ve got a special multimedia event to kick off the walk, a Bounce House, cornhole and ladder golf, facepainting and temporary tattoos!

       Plus our Spectrum Scouts, and words from our Honorary Chair Dr. Lisa Castellani!

      Visit https://scautism.org/strides to register today!

      Start a Team, and ask your friends and family to support you as you take Strides for Autism!

      Current Upstate Exhibitors include:

      Greenville Hospital System's Autism Wonders Program

      Carolina Center for Counseling and Behavioral Interventions

      Early Autism Project

      Easter Seals

      Family Connection

      Brain Balance

      USC Neurodevelopmental Disorders Labs

      Bright Start, LLC

      Advanced Therapy Solutions

      ProParents

      Greenville County Schools

      YMCA Camp Greenville 's Spectrum Camp

      Chick Fil A

      Current Sponsors include:

      Platinum

      Platinum

      Gold

      Gold

      Gold

      Gold

      Gold

      Supporter

      The Train!  The Train!

      Yes, The Train is back for Upstate Strides for Autism!

      I am excited to report that the miniature train at Heritage Park is back in service, and plans to be running for Strides for Autism!  We’ve worked out a special discounted rate of $1 per person, per ride.  Children under 2 always ride free.  So when you come to Strides, stop by the SCAS Merchandise Table where we will be selling the discounted tickets.  (SCAS makes no profit off the sale of the tickets, but you do need to buy them through us for the discounted rate.)

      Yet another reason to start your team, register online, gather team pledges, and plan to come out on April 14th for Strides for Autism!

      Visit https://scautism.org/strides/ now!

      Announcing the first two South Carolina Autism Society Strides for Autism events of the year!!  It is time to start your teams, register, and obtain sponsorships!  Please join us….

                  Saturday, April 14, 2012 – Upstate Strides for Autism at Heritage Park in Simpsonville

                  Saturday, May 19, 2012 – Midlands Strides for Autism at Finaly Park in Columbia

      Onsite registration at both events begins at 8:00 am, with the fun-walk beginning at 9 am.  Note that this is a “walk-what-you-can” event.  In addition to the walk, we will have a Resource Fair, family-fun activities, and music!

      About Strides for Autism:

      Strides for Autism is SCAS’s signature fund-raising and awareness walk.  The Upstate and Midlands events are the first two of four statewide walks that take place each year.  The walks are among various activities that benefit the organization and the families it serves.

      SCAS is the only statewide agency advocating for children and adults with autism spectrum disorders and their families, while also providing assistance and resources.  SCAS promotes, educates and raises awareness that one in every 110 births in the U.S. is a child with autism, and provides support for South Carolina-based research and development.  Most importantly, SCAS works to ensure that the 42,000 individuals with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) living in South Carolina have opportunities to achieve a quality of life comparable to their peers.

      Monies raised for South Carolina Autism Society stay in South Carolina and go towards family supports, education, advocacy, and South Carolina-based research.

      Registration and other information for Strides for Autism, along with information about autism and SCAS, is available at the event Web site,

      https://scautism.org/strides/

      Website Changes:

      We’ve made a few changes to the Strides for Autism website.  Here are a few online options you may want to consider.

      My Account:

      This is where you can setup or modify your user account.  Note that you will now be asked to indicate which walk(s) you want to participate in, or if you want to Stride in Spirit.  This will insure that even those who want to come out and participate in person, but who are not able to donate, are able to be counted.

      Start A Team:

      Create a team to recognize someone with autism.  Whether you are an individual with autism, family member, provider, friend, or a member of the community who wants to get involved, this is a popular option.  Once your team is created, you can contact your friends, family, coworkers, etc. to sponsor your team for the walk(s).

      *Note – If you created a team in the past, you will need to create a new one this year.

      View Teams:

      Want to see how your team is performing?  Or find out who has donated online in support of your team?  Click here!  This is also where you can get the website address to send to your family and friends who may want to support your team.  Just click on your team name, and look for the URL at the top of your browser window.  The URL should look like https://scautism.org/strides/team/#/ (with # being your actual team number).

      Register to Walk:

                  If you want to come to a Strides for Autism event, this is the place for you.

      Donate:

      Anyone can click here and donate online.  They may choose to support listed teams, or donate without selected a specific team.

      If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me an email.

      Best of luck to all teams and individuals as we take Strides for Autism!  Remember

      Together we can solve the puzzle!

      Susan Leiby

      Special Events Coordinator