UPSTATE: YMCA Spectrum Sundays Celebrates Earth Day!

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2012

      Join our Spectrum Sundays group for a special Spectrum Earth Day celebration on Sunday, April 22, from 2-5 PM.  We will meet at the YMCA’s Hollingsworth Outdoor Center on Adams Mill Road in Simpsonville.  For more information on the Center, visit http://www.ymcagreenville.org/hollingsworth.php.

      There will be a full slate of activities.  Families can design their own flower pots, then put soil, seeds, and fertilizer  into their pot for taking home. There will also be a horse drawn wagon for rides around the property, plus candle making, archery, broom making, and butter making.

      The cost for this event will be $8 per family. Scholarships are available for those who need financial assistance.  Contact Greg McKee at 864-963-3608 for gmckee@... for more information.

      We will also have volunteers working on an earth day project with support from Kohl’s department store (thanks to one of our Spectrum Sunday families!).

      It should be a great springtime event for the whole family.  Indoor and covered areas are available, so we will meet rain or shine.

      Please register online by clicking here so we can prepare for supplies and snacks.