STRIDES FOR AUTISM is Coming to the Upstate and Midlands!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 6:38 AM

      Have you started your Strides for Autism Team yet?

      Our first walk of the 2012 season is just 6 weeks away!  Start your team today, and start collecting personal sponsors for your team!

      Need posters or flyers?

      Visit the Midlands or Upstate SCAS offices to pick up a supply.  We appreciate any help putting them up around town.

      Why not ask your favorite restaurant, coffee shop, sports club, or place of worship!

      Want to participate in the Resource Fair?

      Complete the attached reservation form, or click here to reserve your spot online!

      Strides for Autism

      Announcing the first two South Carolina Autism Society Strides for Autism events of the year!!  It is time to start your teams, register, and obtain sponsorships!  Please join us….

                  Saturday, April 14, 2012 – Upstate Strides for Autism at Heritage Park in Simpsonville

                  Saturday, May 19, 2012 – Midlands Strides for Autism at Finaly Park in Columbia

      Onsite registration at both events begins at 8:00 am, with the fun-walk beginning at 9 am.  Note that this is a “walk-what-you-can” event.  In addition to the walk, we will have a Resource Fair, family-fun activities, and music!

      About Strides for Autism:

      Strides for Autism is SCAS’s signature fund-raising and awareness walk.  The Upstate and Midlands events are the first two of four statewide walks that take place each year.  The walks are among various activities that benefit the organization and the families it serves.

      SCAS is the only statewide agency advocating for children and adults with autism spectrum disorders and their families, while also providing assistance and resources.  SCAS promotes, educates and raises awareness that one in every 110 births in the U.S. is a child with autism, and provides support for South Carolina-based research and development.  Most importantly, SCAS works to ensure that the 42,000 individuals with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) living in South Carolina have opportunities to achieve a quality of life comparable to their peers.

      Monies raised for South Carolina Autism Society stay in South Carolina and go towards family supports, education, advocacy, and South Carolina-based research.

      Registration and other information for Strides for Autism, along with information about autism and SCAS, is available at the event Web site,

      https://scautism.org/strides/

      Website Changes:

      We’ve made a few changes to the Strides for Autism website.  Here are a few online options you may want to consider.

      My Account:

      This is where you can setup or modify your user account.  Note that you will now be asked to indicate which walk(s) you want to participate in, or if you want to Stride in Spirit.  This will insure that even those who want to come out and participate in person, but who are not able to donate, are able to be counted.

      Start A Team:

      Create a team to recognize someone with autism.  Whether you are an individual with autism, family member, provider, friend, or a member of the community who wants to get involved, this is a popular option.  Once your team is created, you can contact your friends, family, coworkers, etc. to sponsor your team for the walk(s).

      *Note – If you created a team in the past, you will need to create a new one this year.

      View Teams:

      Want to see how your team is performing?  Or find out who has donated online in support of your team?  Click here!  This is also where you can get the website address to send to your family and friends who may want to support your team.  Just click on your team name, and look for the URL at the top of your browser window.  The URL should look like https://scautism.org/strides/team/#/ (with # being your actual team number).

      Register to Walk:

                  If you want to come to a Strides for Autism event, this is the place for you.

      Donate:

      Anyone can click here and donate online.  They may choose to support listed teams, or donate without selected a specific team.

      If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me an email.

      Best of luck to all teams and individuals as we take Strides for Autism!  Remember

      Together we can solve the puzzle!

      Current Sponsors include:

      Platinum Level

      Platinum Level