Research opportunity using computer games

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2012
      Does your child enjoy playing computer games? Dr. Newman-Norlund, Assistant Professor, Department of Exercise Science, University of South Carolina, would like to see how children play some 'cooperative' computer games that he has programmed up. We are looking for children to participate who have been diagnosed with ASD, but we are also looking to have children participate that do not have that diagnosis. If you and your child (6-12) agree to participate, they will get to play a few cooperative computer games with another child. The hope behind this research is that we could use such cooperative games to assess social impairments or create a training program for enhancing social skills in children of all types.

      The South Carolina Autism Society is working with Dr. Newman-Norland on this project. If any of you are interested in participating please let us know. We would like to have some sessions with the games on Thursday March 22nd and Friday March 23rd. The location will be at the South Carolina Autism Society on 806 12th Street, West Columbia, SC. Please contact Kim Thomas if you would like to participate to schedule a time.

      Thank you for your time and consideration!

      Kim

      Kim Thomas
      Vice President and Chief Programs Officer
      South Carolina Autism Society
      806 12th Street
      West Columbia, SC 29169
      Office: 803-750-6988 ext. 101