SCAS Conference with Temple Grandin! Register NOW!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011
      Rich text editor, html_content_graphical, press ALT 0 for help.

      palmettopuzzlelogo

      donatebutton

      Do you believe in someone with autism? Then you believe in the South Carolina Autism Society and its mission. How can we meet such a big mission? With support from you and others like you. We can't improve the lives of people with autism spectrum disorders without ongoing support. Your support allows us to continue what we've begun, find new ways to help, better serve the families who speak for loved ones, and come closer to solving the many puzzles of ASD. If you believe in someone who has an autism spectrum disorder, then you believe in the Autism Society's mission.

      Main Office

        806 12th Street
      West Columbia , SC
      29169-6142
      803-750-6988 Office
      800-438-4790
      803-750-8121 Fax

      Email
      scas@...

      Web
      www.scautism.org

       Satellite Offices

      Charleston

      4 Carriage Lane
      Suite 302
      Charleston, SC   29407
      843-870-1650 Office/Fax

      Coastal

      PO Box 30425
      3242 Holmestown Road
      Unit B
      Myrtle Beach , SC 29588
      843-650-0129 Office/Fax

      Upstate

      5 Century Drive
      Suite132
      Century at Keith
      Greenville , SC 29607-1578
      864-241-8669 Office
      864-241-8667   Fax

      unitedway

      Please support your local United Way .   Allocations & designations are an important part of the SCAS budget.  Thank you for giving.

      SCAS Annual Conference
      Temple Grandin, Keynote Speaker

      South Carolina Autism Society

      The purpose of the South Carolina Autism Society is to enable all individuals with autism spectrum disorders to reach their maximum potential.

      grey_box_top.gif

      2011 Annual Conference
      Temple Grandin, Keynote Speaker

      Columbia Conference Center
      169 Laurelhurst Avenue, Columbia SC

       Saturday, October 15

      Don't miss the South Carolina Autism templeRegister 2Society's Annual Conference, featuring Dr. Temple Grandin as Keynote Speaker!

      Dr. Temple Grandin was born in Boston , Massachusetts . Temple ’s achievements are remarkable because she was a child with autism. At age two she had no speech and all the signs of severe autism. Fortunately, her mother defied the advice of the doctors and kept her out of an institution. Many hours of speech therapy, and intensive teaching enabled Temple to learn speech. As a teenager, life was hard with constant teasing. Mentoring by her high school science teacher and her aunt on her ranch in Arizona motivated Temple to study and pursue a career as a scientist and livestock equipment designer. Dr. Grandin was awarded her Ph.D in Animal Science from the University of Illinois in 1989 and is currently a Professor at Colorado State University .

      She has done extensive work on the design of handling facilities. Half the cattle in the U.S. and Canada are handled in equipment she has designed for meat plants. Other professional activities include developing animal welfare guidelines for the meat industry and consulting with McDonalds, Wendy’s International, Burger King, and other companies on animal welfare.

      She continues her research while teaching courses on livestock handling and facility design. Her book, Animals in Translation was a New York Times best seller and her book Livestock Handling an Transport, now has a third edition which was published in 2007. Other popular books authored by Dr. Grandin are Thinking in Pictures, Emergence Labeled Autistic, Animals Make us Human, Improving Animal Welfare: A Practical Approach, and The Way I See It. Dr. Grandin is a past member of the board of directors of the Autism Society of America. She lectures to parents and teachers throughout the U.S. on her experiences with autism. Articles and interviews have appeared in the New York Times, People, Time, National Public Radio, 20/20, The View, and the BBC. She was also honored in Time Magazines 2010 “The 100 Most Influential People in the World.”

      HBO has recently premiered a movie about Temple ’s early life and career with the livestock industry. The movie received seven Emmy awards and Claire Danes won the Best Actress, Mini-Series or TV Movie Golden Globe for her role as Temple Grandin .

      Additional Speakers to include Medical Professionals from across South Carolina updating on the latest autism news, and Jodi Cholewickie discussing Best Practices.

      Your registration includes Lunch, SCAS Annual Meeting, and Annual Awards Presentation.

      Conference Prices

      SCAS Members

      NON Members

      Family Member/Full-Time Student/Ind w/ASD

      $75

      $100

      Two Family

      $110

      $140

      Professional

      $100

      $125

      3 or more Professionals of same group/each

      $90

      $115

      Download our conference flyer by clicking here.

      Click here for more information and to register online.

      Tax Exempt Status

      The South Carolina Autism Society is a 503(c) organization. Our Tax Exempt Letter can be found by clicking here.

      grey_box_bottom.gif

      P.S.    To futher support our mission, why not honor a loved one with a donation to the SC Autism Society?  For more information, click here.

      scaslogo_SMALLTel: (803) 750-6988
      Toll Free: (800) 438-4890

      Fax: (803) 750-8121

      Email: scas@...

      Click to view this email in a browser

      Click here to forward this email to a friend

      South Carolina Autism Society
      806 12th Street
      West Columbia , SC 29169
      US

      Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!