UPSTATE: February Autism Connection

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2010

      From: Julie Kellett < jkellett0613@... >
      Subject: Autism Connection Monday, Feb. 1st - Special Guest!
      To: jkellett2@...
      Date: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 5:53 PM

      Many of you have already heard the news, but for those of you who haven't - a very special guest will be joining us at the Feb. Autism Connection meeting at CDS!

      Since so many of you commented after the 2009 Upstate SC Autism Forum that you would have loved to hear Josh Meyers' mother, Patti Meyers, speak and give her side of things, we have asked her to join us in February. Even though it is a long trip for her on a Monday night, she has graciously agreed to speak to our group, and will have about two hours to speak and answer questions.

      For those of you who were not able to make it the forum to hear Josh's story, here's his bio:

      Joshua Myers is a 21 year old living with autism. He was first diagnosed at the age of 3 as being

      severely mentally disabled. He didn’t start talking until the age of 5. He was re-evaluated at 5 ½ and

      diagnosed with autism. He graduated from Clover High School with a regular diploma in 2006 and

      that same year earned his Eagle Scout. Joshua currently attends York Technical College in Rock

      Hill, S.C. where he is working towards an Associate of Arts Degree. Joshua plans to transfer to

      Winthrop University where he will major in theater with a minor in math.

      Susan Leiby

      Special Events Coordinator