STATEWIDE: DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES COUNCIL State Plan Public Hearings

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2010

      Below is information about the Public Hearing to assist the Developmental
      Disabilities Council develop the next Five Year State plan. The currently
      plan and more information about the DDC can be found at their website,
      http://www.scddc.state.sc.us/

      The DDC currently has four areas of focus: 1) Employment, 2) Formal/Informal
      Community Supports, 3) Quality Assurance, and 4) Health.

      Let me disclose here that I am the current chair of the DDC Planning
      Committee who oversees the development of the State Plan. But that plan is
      developed based on feedback and input we received from people with
      disabilities in South Carolina , their families and the people who serve
      them.

      Thanks

      Craig

      SOUTH CAROLINA DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES COUNCIL

      OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR n DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION

      1205 Pendleton Street . Edgar A. Brown Building , Suite 453-C . Columbia ,
      South Carolina 29201 . (803) 734-0465

      The South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council will be holding a
      series of public hearings to receive input for a new Five Year State Plan.
      Anyone having questions or comments, or anyone needing additional
      information may contact the South Carolina Developmental Disabilities
      Council office at (803) 734-0465. Individuals, who cannot attend, may send
      written comments to the DDC office.

      September 8, 2010

      Richland/Lexington Disabilities and Special Needs Board

      3 to 5 p.m.

      R.L. Bryan Building

      301 Greystone Boulevard

      Columbia , SC 29210

      September 16, 2010

      Marlboro County Disabilities and Special Needs Board

      3 to 5 p.m.

      109 Glen Street

      Bennettsville , SC 29512

      September 23, 2010

      Laurens Disabilities and Special Needs Board

      4 to 6 p.m.

      1840 Highway 14

      Laurens , SC 29360

      October 5, 2010

      Hampton Disabilities and Special Needs Board

      3 to 5 p.m.

      294 Hampton Road

      Varnville , SC 29944

      October 12, 2010

      Charleston Disabilities and Special Needs Board

      3 to 5 p.m.

      995 Morrison Drive

      Charleston , SC 29413

      These public hearings are a requirement of the Developmental Disabilities
      Assistance and

      Bill of Rights Act of 2000 (42 U.S.C. 15001, et seq.) P.L. 106-402 Final
      Rule, 45 CFR

      Part 1386. The council's current plan is on our Web site at
      www.scddc.state.sc.us or can

      be obtained by calling the council office.

      Craig C. Stoxen, President and CEO

      South Carolina Autism Society

      806 12th Street

      West Columbia, SC 29169