541The Bully Movie -- A MUST SEE!

    Jun 2, 2012

      This afternoon I finally got to see The Bully Movie at Regal Hollywood Cinema.  This is a movie that tells the story of several families whose children were affected by bullying.  It is a very powerful movie, and very well done.

      Bullying is very widespread today, especially in our middle and high schools.  The impact on these growing kids is significant, and sometimes irreversible.  It is important that we as adults, whether parents, educators, legislators, law enforcement officials, or just members of the community, stand together to ensure that this type of abuse is not tolerated.

      As the parent of a child who is "different", I urge you to take the time to see this movie.  The movie is rated PG-13, and I would think it appropriate for middle and high school students.  Note that there are situations involving suicide and homosexuality, but nothing graphic.

      You can find out more about The Bully Movie by visiting http://thebullyproject.com/.  The movie will be showing at Regal Hollywood Cinema on Woodruff Road daily through this coming Thursday.  Showtimes are 12:00 noon, 2:20 pm, and 4:35 pm.  I know it has also been shown in Charleston , Columbia , Charlotte , and Anderson .  Check your local theater to see if it is playing in those areas.

      Please feel free to forward this to anyone who you think may be interested.

      Note New Contact Number:  (864) 346-4180

      http://www.scautism.org