Simple Day

  • Kevinp9523@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
      At Simple Day, Kilian & Kith were chosen as Unbelted Champions!

      -Kevin A.
    • David Roland
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
        HOOBAH!

        --- In SCA-Tree-Girt-Sea@yahoogroups.com, Kevinp9523@a... wrote:
        > At Simple Day, Kilian & Kith were chosen as Unbelted Champions!
        >
        > -Kevin A.
      • Marie Schorn
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005

          Hi Kevin,

          Are they kingdom unbelted champions?  Either way, congratulations!

          Arrienne

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
            Oh yea, Some other guy authorized. ;)  More paperwork for me.

            -Kevin A.

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
              Ian. Ian authorized Rapier, and did quite well in the melee practices and
              not too badly in the tournament, either, winning one of his bouts.

              We had the tree-girt-sea banner up, but it may have been facing the wrong
              way in general. We'll try again, I guess.

              Do we want to have a TGS place at Pennsic? I can bring the popup and put it
              on the field, and leave it there; I wouldn't bring it otherwise. Up to
              y'all.

              purple
              --
              Ich nehme an, wer ich bin.

              My heart knew where to go. All I had to do was follow the sound of its song.

              Unsubscribe>

              > Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Wendy Coleman
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
                The Unbelted Champions named are for a team at
                Pennsic. They fight a special battle (for a war
                point?) at war where every kingdom has a
                representative unbelted team. While it is a special
                honor, it doesn't really come with any special
                laurels. However, *this* year, the team is allowed to
                "blazon a dragon" on their tabbards (did I say that
                correctly?) so that's extra special!

                Last year was an amazing one for the Middle Kingdom -
                we WON!!!! Actually, if I recall correctly, it was the
                ONLY battle the Middle won. So, this year's battle
                should be extra difficult on our team as the East will
                be out for revenge (as they have always won in the
                past). I know that Sabah also made the team, but I
                didn't get to hear about any other Midlanders.

                Anyone know?

                Smiles,
                Jale

                --- Marie Schorn <marieschorn@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Kevin,
                >

                > Are they kingdom unbelted champions? Either way,
                > congratulations!
                >

                > Arrienne
                >

                > ________________________________
                >
                > From: SCA-Tree-Girt-Sea@yahoogroups.com

              • Marie Schorn
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005

                  Hi Purple,

                  I’m going to be at information point for a good deal of Pennsic so I don’t know if I would be able to be at the field this year.

                  Arrienne

                  Ian.  Ian authorized Rapier, and did quite well in the melee practices and
                  not too badly in the tournament, either, winning one of his bouts.

                  We had the tree-girt-sea banner up, but it may have been facing the wrong
                  way in general.  We'll try again, I guess.

                  Do we want to have a TGS place at Pennsic?  I can bring the popup and put it
                  on the field, and leave it there; I wouldn't bring it otherwise.  Up to
                  y'all.

                  purple
                  --
                  Ich nehme an, wer ich bin.

                  My heart knew where to go. All I had to do was follow the sound of its song.

                  Unsubscribe>

                  > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                  > Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • G.R. Wil Arnold
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
                    Duke Alaric and Viscount Brion have been selected as part of the
                    Belted Champions Team.

                    Congrats!

                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  • george sartiano
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005

                      The Midlands is well represented on the Champions teams... now if we can just get a few more of you guys eligible for the belted team... ;)

                      Alaric

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005
                        Actually, not only are there two midlanders on the belted team and at least
                        three on the unbelted team, there are also two on the rapier champions team
                        -- and MOST of them live in Tree-Girt-Sea!

                        purple
                        --
                        Ich nehme an, wer ich bin.

                        My heart knew where to go. All I had to do was follow the sound of its song.

                      • george sartiano
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 1, 2005

                          "Actually, not only are there two midlanders on the belted team and at least
                          three on the unbelted team, there are also two on the rapier champions team
                          -- and MOST of them live in Tree-Girt-Sea!"

                          Who says we couldn't support a Barony on our own ;)

                          Ducking for cover (or is it Duke-ing for cover).

                          Alaric

                          My heart knew where to go. All I had to do was follow the sound of its song.

                        • Guy Dawkins
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
                            I hadn't seen the Rapier Champions Team roster. Can
                            you post it?

                            Guy

                            href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hetoo0n/M=323294.6903898.7846636.3189767/D=groups/S=1705082178:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1122951120/A=2896125/R=0/SIG=11llkm9tk/*http://www.donorschoose.org/index.php?lc=yahooemail">Take
                            > a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable
                            > web site for anyone who cares about public
                            > education</a>!</font>

                            Guy Dawkins

                            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                          • Christian Fournier
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
                              > I hadn't seen the Rapier Champions Team roster. Can
                              > you post it?

                              Sorry-- it hasn't been released. General Straum has decided to keep
                              our rapier champions roster private, until we arrive on the field. The
                              champions, themselves, have already been made aware of their
                              invitations, and have committed to be at Pennsic for it.

                              CF