brainstorming rules

  • rtesca-tgs1492@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2014
      Advance notice for tomorrow's meeting - as part of the 12th night retrospective exercise, we're going to be collecting data using a brainstorming technique.  My experience tells me this is a very effective way to collect a lot of data points very quickly.  So you get a chance to think about it a bit ahead of time, the topic will be What Worked Well and things we need to Take A Look At, abbreviated as WWWTALA.

      The rules for brainstorming are these:

      1: We will use Visual Recordkeeping - notes will be kept on whiteboard or easel
      2: The Goal is More - more ideas, no matter what they sound like - more is for now, better is for later
      3: No Idea is Bad
      4: Peanut Butter Rule: if you say it, it gets recorded
      5: No Critique of Ideas; the word "but" is outlawed, if you disagree with an idea, present an alternative beginning with "And..."
      6: Piggybacking is OK - one idea leads to another
      7: Wild ideas are Good
      8: Speed is Good
      9: Questions are Unnecessary

      I'll review these rules (with a little explanation where it might be needed) as part of the retrospective.

      http://robyyan.googlepages.com