Re: [SCA-Tree-Girt-Sea] TGS-new business

  • Fern
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2013
      Dear All,

      Can we add one item of new business to tonight's meeting? I would like to discuss ideas for improvement of clean-up after events. How to do it faster, and allow time for dancing or other stuff after the feast.

      Thanks,

      Fern

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 25, 2013

        Dear TGS,

        Here are the minutes from the meeting. If anything was forgotten, please feel free to add it!

        yours,

        Fern

        TGS meeting 21 April 2013

        Attendees: Robyyan, Fern, Juliana, Hal, Nadezda, Aethelwulf, Matilda, Dunstan.

        1. Officers’ Reports

                     Seneschal: (Robyyan subbing for Phebe) . Candidates for officer position must contact Phoebe by April 30. Phoebe will publish a list of officer candidates at the beginning of May. Voting will occur at TGS meeting on May 19. Robyyan noted he volunteered for seneschal.

                     Chatelaine: Contact with new person Isadore (Sveta?). Possible demo Aug. 11 at Jefferson Park farmer’s market.

                     A&S: (Robyyan subbing for Kevie) no news

                     Exchequer: TGS has received the full amount ($1151) of the SCA legal settlement back. We deferred a decision about donating to the Kingdom until another meeting with more people present.

                     Knight Marshal: Special practice at Ravenslake on Saturday April 20.

                     Quartermaster: The missing liners for Nesco cookers were found. Discussion about re-organizing the TGS locker, tentative plan to have a work day some weekend this summer.

                     Webmaster: (Robyyan as himself) nothing to report

         2. Update of Twelfth Night 2014. January 18, 2012 at St. John’s Lutheran Church/ School, Chicago.

                      Contract is signed and deposit is paid.

                      Matilda has detailed plans for setup and cleanup.

        Can we use the sanctuary? It depends on the whether the church is satisfied with the Coronation event.

        3. Upcoming Activities

                     Silver Thimble Guild has begun making an Ayreton banner, as discussed at Peers meeting in Nov.

                      April 28. Ayreton Archery Championship. 11 am at Sven and Maeve’s.

        May 5. Hot Shop will be open for glass blowing training. Contact Aethelwulf for details.

        August 11. Demo at Jefferson Park Farmers Market. More details later, contact Nadezda.

        4. Upcoming Events

                      Coronation May 4 at St. John’s Lutheran Church/ School, Chicago.

        . It is very important to keep to the schedule so we can satisfy the church’s requirements for cleanup and departure, in order to use this church for Twelfth Night. Serafina is autocrat.

                      August 24. Feast of St. Ethyl and Baroness Wars. Baroness wars will continue the schtick about a peace treaty among the Midlands baronies.

        5. New Business

                      Carnivale had 138 people registered.

        Discussion about clean up procedures at Twelfth Night 2013. Carnavalle 2013. We voted to purchase two pushbroom dustmops and dustpans, plus regular broom for the TGS supplies, to improve cleanup times. TGS people will use their past experience at the Twelfth Night 2013 site to help with cleanup at Coronation.

      • Fern
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1 7:42 PM
          Dear TGS people,

          Is anyone free to help me decorate the Coronation site (especially the gym) on Saturday morning? Alexander is still sick, so he is not available.

          We will have large banners from Vanished Wood, plus all the personal banners that show up, plus whatever TGS tablecloths/ hangings/ runners will be available.

          The stage and the gym will be much improved by decorations, but there is no need to decorate the church.

          What do you think about decorating with flowers, if we can spare any flowers from our local gardens? I have a nice crop of daffodils, and violets, and maybe it's time to trim some of the forsythia, too.

          Thanks for all suggestions and/or  volunteers!

          yours,

          Fern