Looking for information about castles

  • Ken Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2007
      Greetings engineers,
      I'm looking for information about how other SCA folks have built
      structures specifically for fighting in. One of our local Dukes
      inherited some farm land with adjacent sand dunes and wants to develop
      it as a long-term eventing site. We're all rabidly making plans about
      what we want to build, so I thought I'd inquire with y'all to see what
      sorts of permanent and semi-permanent structures you've built or seen.
      We've already built a bridge, a photo of which can be seen at:
      http://myweb.cableone.net/kenandmindy/uprising/IMG_1420.JPG
      it's 18 feet wide and about 15 feet long. The rails on the sides are 4
      feet high.
      I'm already aware of the Pennsic castle (really, who isn't?), and the
      stuff in the gravel pit back when Estrella was at Schnepf farms. We've
      also been getting a lot of information about the Quad War castle. If
      you have any information (and pictures, and building techniques) about
      other fighting structures, please email me off list with them. I can
      be reached at kenandmindy (at) cableone (dot) com.
      Thanks,
      Marcello