Re: [SCA-Siege] Pennsic

  • Siegfried
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2005
      You just missed it.

      The 'causeway' battle, is the castle battle, just with a twist.

      They are making a bridge/causeway in front of the fort, just as in year's past.

      Just this year, they are giving 'bonus time' the the defenders, if
      they manage to defend the flag placed in the center of the causeway
      for the first 8 minutes of the battle.

      Personally ... I don't see that happening, and I think, personally,
      that a smart commander is just going to start his forces inside the
      fort anyway.

      Why? defenders don't get res, as normal. Stick all your guys out
      60ft or so from the wall, and you are killing yourself. (Literally).
      Not only will the people just be dying much quicker, leaving you less
      to 'fall back' to the fort anyway ... But you are losing the advantage
      of the archers on the battlements doing damage, as the fighting will
      be out of the effective range of our equipment.

      So, essentially, I hope they will basically end up normal castle battles.

      Siegfried

      On 8/2/05, kincain <kincain@...> wrote:
      > So I just looked at a class schedule for Pennsic and the word "Siege" is not in it.
      >
      > And I noticed in the Battlefield schedule that there are no Castle Battles save one, The Children's Water battle Sunday 2PM.
      >
      > My question is:
      >
      > Why?
      >

      > Docmo

      > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
      > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

      > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • kincain
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2005

      • WBFOUNTAIN@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 28, 2010
          Unto the lucky ones getting ready to go to Pennsic - I wish you a safe
          journey and an even safer return. I was so looking forward to seeing you kind
          & wonderful folks at Pennsic. But last weekend my wife fell off her
          ambulance at work and broke her ankle. This has forced me to decide between her
          and the SCA. It only took a microsecond to decide - I will be at home that
          week looking after her. Have fun and be safe.

          Sgt Brun Canutesson
          Middle Kingdom

        • OTRobin@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 28, 2010
            Will miss you and hope she has a quick and full recovery.
            Nivah

          • Diane K. Hauer
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 28, 2010
              I wish her a speedy recovery. OUCH. not fun at all.
              Take care of her and yourself.

              ~Svan

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 28, 2010
                You will be missed at Pennsic, but you definitely need to stay home and
                take care of your wife. Best wishes and speedy recovery for her.

                - Rich

              • bluecat@neo.rr.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 29, 2010
                  Hey Brun- yes, we will miss you--- but I am glad you have your
                  priorities straight.

                  Dirk
                • Oscar Van Loveren
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 30 6:15 PM
                    Does anyone know the day and possibly time for the Siege Tournament yet?

                    YIS, Goerijs the Unpronounceable.
                  • Richard le Hauke
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 30 6:24 PM
                      Monday July 29, 2:00pm according to the schedule I got.

                      - Rich

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Mar 30, 2013, at 9:15 PM, Oscar Van Loveren <oscar@...> wrote:

                      > Does anyone know the day and possibly time for the Siege Tournament yet?
                      >
                      > YIS, Goerijs the Unpronounceable.

                    • Oscar Van Loveren 000724 recon
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 30 6:25 PM
                        Thanks for the quick response! Is this "The" schedule, as
                        in the whole war? Or something internal not ready for
                        distribution. So far all I've found on-line is the heavy
                        schedule. Trying to schedule some classes.....

                        > Monday July 29, 2:00pm according to the schedule I got.
                        >
                        > - Rich
                        >
                        > Sent from my iPhone
                        >
                        > On Mar 30, 2013, at 9:15 PM, Oscar Van Loveren
                        > <oscar@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Does anyone know the day and possibly time for the
                        > Siege Tournament yet?
                        > >
                        > > YIS, Goerijs the Unpronounceable.

                        http://www.nni.com/
                      • Richard le Hauke
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 30 6:36 PM
                          This is on the published war point schedule.

                          - Rich

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 30 6:59 PM
                            Duh! See it now. Thanks.