Ammunition question

  • Thorolfr inn smithr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
      What is the difference in effect between a four tennis ball cluster and
      a single tennis ball "rock"?

      -Thorolfr
    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
        Single Tennis balls are 'small arms fire'.

        IE, Combat Archery. It therefore has the effect of Combat Archery.

        Also realize that in some kingdoms they consider a single tennis ball
        to only kill to the face . (ie, representing a sling rock size rock)

        So essentially, they arent' very useful, and many kingdoms don't allow
        their use anyway.

        Siegfried

        On 7/7/05, Thorolfr inn smithr <mikemacd@...> wrote:
        > What is the difference in effect between a four tennis ball cluster and
        > a single tennis ball "rock"?
        >
        > -Thorolfr
        >

        > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
        > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

        > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
          A 4 tennis ball cluster is a small siege class munition and will kill through shields, and may kill or damage siege engines/structures depending on the scenario. A single tennis ball "rock" is a small arms munition and will be treated as a Combat Archery projectile for purposes of damage ( in other words it would be treated as either an arrow, sling stone, etc,)
          If you need any further information please let me know.
          Quinn
          What is the difference in effect between a four tennis ball cluster and
          a single tennis ball "rock"?

          -Thorolfr

          Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
          http://www.MedievalMart.com/

          [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

          Used car history Vehicle history Comfort suite at living history farm

        • graywolf
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2005
            Quinn's explanation is the way we apply it in East Kingdom as well.

            Graywolf SGEK
            > A 4 tennis ball cluster is a small siege class munition and will kill
            through shields, and may kill or damage siege engines/structures depending
            on the scenario. A single tennis ball "rock" is a small arms munition and
            will be treated as a Combat Archery projectile for purposes of damage ( in
            other words it would be treated as either an arrow, sling stone, etc,)
            > If you need any further information please let me know.
            > Quinn

            Service.