Re: [SCA-Siege] Yellow Siloflex

  • Joel Rogers
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 29, 2005
      Hello,

      I dont post much, mostly I am here to read articles
      and hear the latest news in the SCA seige world but I
      have a question. I was looking online at this and
      that and I found a tennis ball launcher that I belive
      would be perfect for a tennis ball crossbow this is
      the link.

      http://gearfordogs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=995

      Would this product work as a tennis ball crossbow in
      the kingdom of Antir and are their people using it
      already.

      Thank you

      Joel
      --- sean14powell <powell.sean@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      > The list has been rathger quiet of late.
      > I seem to have lost an important bookmark and
      > can't find the correct
      > post in the group history.
      > Can someone connect me with the kind gentle who
      > is selling bundles
      > of the yellow siloflex for ballista bolts? Does
      > anyone know how often
      > he places an order or does he stock them for
      > re-sale?
      > Thank you kindly,
      > Sean

      Make Yahoo! your home page
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005
        I cannot speak for An Tir, but I certainly hope that no Kingdom would
        allow something SO modern looking to be used on the field.

        Also, the new version of MissleCombat rules (not approved yet, but
        will be coming), will probaby specifically ban crossbows/bows that use
        elastic strings for power instead of powe rfrom the limbs themselves.

        Siegfried

        On Mar 29, 2005 1:14 PM, Joel Rogers <godfatherdonprovalone1@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I dont post much, mostly I am here to read articles
        > and hear the latest news in the SCA seige world but I
        > have a question. I was looking online at this and
        > that and I found a tennis ball launcher that I belive
        > would be perfect for a tennis ball crossbow this is
        > the link.
        >
        > http://gearfordogs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=995
        >
        > Would this product work as a tennis ball crossbow in
        > the kingdom of Antir and are their people using it
        > already.
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Joel
        > --- sean14powell <powell.sean@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello all,
        > > The list has been rathger quiet of late.
        > > I seem to have lost an important bookmark and
        > > can't find the correct
        > > post in the group history.
        > > Can someone connect me with the kind gentle who
        > > is selling bundles
        > > of the yellow siloflex for ballista bolts? Does
        > > anyone know how often
        > > he places an order or does he stock them for
        > > re-sale?
        > > Thank you kindly,
        > > Sean

        > Make Yahoo! your home page
        > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        >

        > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
        > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

        > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jean Paul Pierrepont
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005
          Smile

          My order came in today and I took your order out of mine and I will catch up
          on mine later.
          Yours is packed and ready to be shipped out on Monday and you should have it
          by Wednesday. Let me know how you think it looks.

          Enjoy

          Jean Paul Pierrepont
          GDH Siege

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005
            Guys, lets keep 'ordering supplies' information off the mailing list
            so we don't clutter other people's mailboxes ...

            Saying you have the stuff for sale is good ... taking order and
            responding to them, isn't.

            Thanks,
            Siegfried - Da List Admin

            On Apr 1, 2005 4:52 PM, Jean Paul Pierrepont <crossbow@...> wrote:

            > Smile
            >
            > My order came in today and I took your order out of mine and I will catch up
            > on mine later.
            > Yours is packed and ready to be shipped out on Monday and you should have it
            > by Wednesday. Let me know how you think it looks.
            >
            > Enjoy
            >
            > Jean Paul Pierrepont
            > GDH Siege

          • Jean Paul Pierrepont
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 1, 2005
              No problem it will not happen again (I hope)

              JP

              _____

              Guys, lets keep 'ordering supplies' information off the mailing list
              so we don't clutter other people's mailboxes ...

              Saying you have the stuff for sale is good ... taking order and
              responding to them, isn't.

              Thanks,
              Siegfried - Da List Admin

              On Apr 1, 2005 4:52 PM, Jean Paul Pierrepont <crossbow@...> wrote:

              > Smile
              >
              > My order came in today and I took your order out of mine and I will catch
              up
              > on mine later.
              > Yours is packed and ready to be shipped out on Monday and you should have
              it
              > by Wednesday. Let me know how you think it looks.
              >
              > Enjoy
              >
              > Jean Paul Pierrepont
              > GDH Siege

            • Paul Bresnan
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 17, 2005
                I know a goodly number are at Pennsic, but do any of the left behinds
                like me know who the contact is for yellow siloflex orders and how much
                do they cost?

                Edwardus
                Triskele Legion
                Treimaris
              • "Süren Ünegen (Majestic Fox)"
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 17, 2005
                  Still waitting on that info as well.

                  --
                  In Service to the Dream
                  Süren Ünegen
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 17, 2005
                    edwardusthewise@... wrote:
                    > I know a goodly number are at Pennsic, but do any of the left behinds
                    > like me know who the contact is for yellow siloflex orders and how much
                    > do they cost?
                    >
                    > Edwardus
                    > Triskele Legion
                    > Treimaris

                    There are a couple of places you can order yellow siloflex. The first
                    is http://www.thesiegeshop.com

                    Another is http://argentlupus.com/

                    Also check you local lowes and home depot. They may carry the stuff in
                    stock, depending on your location.

                    Daniel de Neuf-Claire
                    Siege Engineer
                    House Staghold
                    Atenveldt (where siloflex is find for ballista bolts, but illegal for
                    gas pipes)
                  • Jeffrey Blaisdell
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 18, 2005
                      It can ONLY be yellow pipe from Charter Plastics and it must be left bare so the specs can be seen. (I think Charter is the only one making it to the right specs)

                      From Society Siege Rules (http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/siege/siege_handbook_update.html):
                      "Siloflex meeting the following standards; for pipe that is black in color it must be - manufactured to ASTM D2239 or D2737, made from PE3408, be sized 1"ID if D2239, or 1-1/4" OD if D2737, have a SIDR rating of 15 or lower or have a SODR rating of 17 or lower. For pipe that is Yellow in color, it must be - Manufactured to ASTM D2513, made from PE2406, be 1"IPS and have a SDR of 11." and "If Yellow Siloflex is used the shaft must not be covered with Yellow tape and the material specifications must be visible and legible."

                      Geoffrey
                      > I know a goodly number are at Pennsic, but do any of the left behinds
                      > like me know who the contact is for yellow siloflex orders and how much
                      > do they cost?
                      >
                      > Edwardus
                      > Triskele Legion
                      > Treimaris

                      There are a couple of places you can order yellow siloflex. The first
                      is http://www.thesiegeshop.com

                      Another is http://argentlupus.com/

                      Also check you local lowes and home depot. They may carry the stuff in
                      stock, depending on your location.

                      Daniel de Neuf-Claire
                      Siege Engineer
                      House Staghold
                      Atenveldt (where siloflex is find for ballista bolts, but illegal for
                      gas pipes)

                      Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                      http://www.MedievalMart.com/

                      [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

                    • Sean Powell
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 18, 2005
                        I purchased mine from here: http://www.ptperfumerie.com/Ballista.html
                        All nicely pre-cut to 4' lengths. Ends up being about $4.60 per bolt.

                        Have fun shooting,
                        Sean
                        It can ONLY be yellow pipe from Charter Plastics and it must be left bare
                        so the specs can be seen. (I think Charter is the only one making it to the
                        right specs)

                        From Society Siege Rules
                        (http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/siege/siege_handbook_update.html
                        ):
                        "Siloflex meeting the following standards; for pipe that is black in color
                        it must be - manufactured to ASTM D2239 or D2737, made from PE3408, be sized
                        1"ID if D2239, or 1-1/4" OD if D2737, have a SIDR rating of 15 or lower or
                        have a SODR rating of 17 or lower. For pipe that is Yellow in color, it must
                        be - Manufactured to ASTM D2513, made from PE2406, be 1"IPS and have a SDR
                        of 11." and "If Yellow Siloflex is used the shaft must not be covered with
                        Yellow tape and the material specifications must be visible and legible."

                        Geoffrey
                        > I know a goodly number are at Pennsic, but do any of the left behinds
                        > like me know who the contact is for yellow siloflex orders and how
                        much
                        > do they cost?
                        >
                        > Edwardus
                        > Triskele Legion
                        > Treimaris

                        There are a couple of places you can order yellow siloflex. The first
                        is http://www.thesiegeshop.com

                        Another is http://argentlupus.com/

                        Also check you local lowes and home depot. They may carry the stuff in
                        stock, depending on your location.

                        Daniel de Neuf-Claire
                        Siege Engineer
                        House Staghold
                        Atenveldt (where siloflex is find for ballista bolts, but illegal for
                        gas pipes)

                        Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                        http://www.MedievalMart.com/

                        [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

                        Service.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 21, 2005
                          Errrr I have yellow siloflex at www.thesiegeshop.com. I don't put the
                          address up much as it makes the list a selling place.
                          I will have "Pool Noodle" kits up soon.. A few got to see them REAL CLOSE as
                          the were hit at Pennsic.

                          Jean Paul
                        • Chris Larsson (Hrelgar)
                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 13, 2005
                            we gleaned quite a few of these, and I'd have to say that they were
                            our preferred gleans. They flew quite nicely.

                            Hrelgar
                            --- In SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Paul Pierrepont"