A question of Place

  • graywolf
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2003
      GREETING FELLOW ARTISANS,

      Graywolf, Calling.....

      I need a little Help Here.

      Would someone know what Kingdom, Barony (et al) the town of Fork Union, Virginia falls in. Who are the appropriate contacts for Siege, CA, and Heavy List.

      I have a Young Siege Marshal one Gaeland the Scot of Gonnerdam, (Justin Cressotti) at Fork Union Military Academy who is working on building a fully SCA authorized Siege (and Accompanying Forces) Unit there. This group will endeavor to study the historical and academic and well as enjoy the action. I am willing to send references for the Gentleman and details of his training to all concerned. They will need local help to make this go.

      Would any out there be willing to assist this new addition to the Society? We just want to get them started with the best support possible.

      Thank you, to all who are willing to help.

      Lord Graywolf the Gonner,
      Deputy Commander General for Siege, East Kingdom

      > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
      > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

      > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
      http://www.MedievalMart.com/

      [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

    • Adam Edwards
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2003
        That would be the Barony of Caer Mear in Atlantia. (Or at least it'd be
        pretty close)

        http://caermear.atlantia.sca.org/

        YiS,
        Wilim

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >

        > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
        > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

        > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

        > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
        > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

        > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

      • Henry Maxwell
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
          It's in Atlantia.
          Karl

          From: "graywolf" <f.miller19@...>
          Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 23:19:52 -0400

          >GREETING FELLOW ARTISANS,
          >
          >Graywolf, Calling.....
          >
          >I need a little Help Here.
          >
          >Would someone know what Kingdom, Barony (et al) the town of Fork Union, Virginia falls in. Who are the appropriate contacts for Siege, CA, and Heavy List.
          >
          >I have a Young Siege Marshal one Gaeland the Scot of Gonnerdam, (Justin Cressotti) at Fork Union Military Academy who is working on building a fully SCA authorized Siege (and Accompanying Forces) Unit there. This group will endeavor to study the historical and academic and well as enjoy the action. I am willing to send references for the Gentleman and details of his training to all concerned. They will need local help to make this go.
          >
          >Would any out there be willing to assist this new addition to the Society? We just want to get them started with the best support possible.
          >
          >Thank you, to all who are willing to help.
          >
          >Lord Graywolf the Gonner,
          > Deputy Commander General for Siege, East Kingdom
          >

          > > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
          > > http://www.MedievalMart.com/
          > >
          > > Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
          > > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          >

          > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
          > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

          > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

          >Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
          >http://www.MedievalMart.com/

          >[Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

        • Belphoebe
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
            Dear Graywolf,

            Have him contact us in the Atlantian siege list. The
            link is siegeguild-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. We will
            be happy to help.

            Cheers,

            Madame Belphoebe de Givet
            Guildmistress
            Atlantian Society for Siege Weapons and Heavy Infantry
            Projectiles.

            --- Henry Maxwell <hmaxwell@...> wrote:
            > It's in Atlantia.
            > Karl

            =====
            -- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
            (From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
            House Fallen From Grace: http://ffg.freeshell.org
            Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
          • James Kriebel
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2003
              Greetings Graywolf,

              That would be in Atlantia (www.atlantia.sca.org) and I believe in the Shire
              of Isenfir. The Atlantian Siege Marshal is lives just to the other side of
              Richmond, Lord Mungoe McKlinchey mungoe1@.... This gentle you speak of
              may also want to contact the Atlantian Siege Guild, Guild Mistress Madame
              Belphoebe belfebe@.... Any of us in the guild would love to help out.

              Baron Jonathas

              > From: "graywolf" <f.miller19@...>
              > Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 23:19:52 -0400
              >
              > >GREETING FELLOW ARTISANS,
              > >
              > >Graywolf, Calling.....
              > >
              > >I need a little Help Here.
              > >
              > >Would someone know what Kingdom, Barony (et al) the town of Fork Union,
              Virginia falls in. Who are the appropriate contacts for Siege, CA, and
              Heavy List.

              > >I have a Young Siege Marshal one Gaeland the Scot of Gonnerdam, (Justin
              Cressotti) at Fork Union Military Academy who is working on building a fully
              SCA authorized Siege (and Accompanying Forces) Unit there. This group will
              endeavor to study the historical and academic and well as enjoy the action.
              I am willing to send references for the Gentleman and details of his
              training to all concerned. They will need local help to make this go.

              > >Would any out there be willing to assist this new addition to the
              Society? We just want to get them started with the best support possible.

              > >Thank you, to all who are willing to help.
              > >
              > >Lord Graywolf the Gonner,
              > > Deputy Commander General for Siege, East Kingdom
              > >

              > > > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
              > > > http://www.MedievalMart.com/
              > > >
              > > > Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
              > > > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]
              > > >
              > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > >

              > > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
              > > http://www.MedievalMart.com/
              > >
              > > Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
              > > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

              > >Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
              > >http://www.MedievalMart.com/
              > >
              > >Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
              > >[Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

              > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
              > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

              > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Charlene Ratliff
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 29, 2003
                I looked up Fork Union VA and I came up with the zip code of 23055 and
                Fluvanna County. (if that's correct) then Fork Union is under the Barony of
                Caer Mear ,http://caermear.atlantia.sca.org/,(according to the Kingdom of
                Atlantia's Map on the website). Lord Mungo would probably be the closest
                contact but as it was said earlier any of us in the group are willing to
                help. Contact info can be found here..

                http://siege.atlantia.sca.org/

                Delfina The Mad

                -Remember, no matter where you go...there you are!-

                >From: "James Kriebel" <james@...>
                >To: <SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [SCA-Siege] A question of Place
                >Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:14:57 -0500
                >
                >Greetings Graywolf,
                >
                >That would be in Atlantia (www.atlantia.sca.org) and I believe in the Shire
                >of Isenfir. The Atlantian Siege Marshal is lives just to the other side of
                >Richmond, Lord Mungoe McKlinchey mungoe1@.... This gentle you speak of
                >may also want to contact the Atlantian Siege Guild, Guild Mistress Madame
                >Belphoebe belfebe@.... Any of us in the guild would love to help
                >out.
                >
                >Baron Jonathas

                > > From: "graywolf" <f.miller19@...>
                > > Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 23:19:52 -0400
                > >
                > > >GREETING FELLOW ARTISANS,
                > > >
                > > >Graywolf, Calling.....
                > > >
                > > >I need a little Help Here.
                > > >
                > > >Would someone know what Kingdom, Barony (et al) the town of Fork Union,
                >Virginia falls in. Who are the appropriate contacts for Siege, CA, and
                >Heavy List.
                > > >
                > > >I have a Young Siege Marshal one Gaeland the Scot of Gonnerdam,
                >(Justin
                >Cressotti) at Fork Union Military Academy who is working on building a
                >fully
                >SCA authorized Siege (and Accompanying Forces) Unit there. This group will
                >endeavor to study the historical and academic and well as enjoy the action.
                >I am willing to send references for the Gentleman and details of his
                >training to all concerned. They will need local help to make this go.
                > > >
                > > >Would any out there be willing to assist this new addition to the
                >Society? We just want to get them started with the best support possible.
                > > >
                > > >Thank you, to all who are willing to help.
                > > >
                > > >Lord Graywolf the Gonner,
                > > > Deputy Commander General for Siege, East
                >Kingdom

                >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                > > > >

                > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                > > >

                > > > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                > > > http://www.MedievalMart.com/
                > > >
                > > > Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
                > > > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

                > > >Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                > > >http://www.MedievalMart.com/
                > > >
                > > >Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
                > > >[Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]
                > > >
                > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                > > >

                > > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                > > http://www.MedievalMart.com/
                > >
                > > Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
                > > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                >Service.

                Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
                offer. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
              • graywolf
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 29, 2003
                  Thank You,

                  I have forwarded the information to Justin (Gailand the Scot of Gonnerdam). This will be of great help in getting things going. He has an instructor at his school willing to assist as well now. Having the Local SCA at reach should top things off.

                  We here in the EK are patterning our new Siege Guild after yours. My Northern Shores Regional Commander Athelwulf (lordaethelwulf03@...) is the coordinator.

                  I will be assuming the East Kingdom Siege General Position from Toshi on the 3rd of January. I am looking forward to interacting with your fine Kingdom and Siege Folk.

                  Thank you and the Guild for your assistance.

                  Lord Graywolf the Gonner (Graywolf@...)

                  From Charlene Ratliff