Re: [SCA-Siege] Surgical tubing

  • Jaime Tiampo
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 1, 2003
      Mark Lindsay wrote:

      > Surgical tubing has not been banned for use on siege weapons, what has been "banned" is the use of surgical tubing or bungee cord as a bowstring.
      >
      > The specific wording may be found in the Society Siege Rules under General Siege Engine Regulations item #7 - to wit "Engines will attempt to visually and functionally recreate their period counterparts. When period powermethods are unsafe, or not feasible (such as gunpowder), alternative sources of power may be used."
      >
      > Surgical tubing and / or bungee cord may be used to power the arms of a ballista or catapult, but these materials may not be used to directly power the projectile. I hope this clears up any confusion.

      Ok, let me see if I read that correctly. Elastic material can be used to
      power the lever of a seige weapon but cannot directly power to
      projectile. So a balista made along the lines of a giant sling shot is
      out.

      --
      Armsmaster Ts'ai T'ien-p'u
      Royal Archer for the Crown Principality of Tir Righ
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 15, 2003
        if you could send a PDF, work has just changed from AutoCAD 2000 to
        Mircostation SE (don't ask why....)