Re: [SCA-Siege] help makeing sca catapult

  • Shaun Hagan
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 1956
      Not to flood you with requests, but if you could I would love the plans
      for a catapult

      Shaun Hagan
      37 Cricket Brook
      Dover, NH
      03820

      Thanks

      Sean O'Hagan
    • Bill Schongar
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2 2:34 PM
        cedric_of_broadston wrote:

        > hello everyone I am wanting to build a sca leagal catapult if any one
        > has some plans,pictures,rules or anything that would help I would
        > appreciate them thanks

        Since I haven't seen any responses, probably due to the holidays, I'll
        chime in..

        The society-wide siege rules can be found here (in PDF form):

        http://members.sockets.net/~ksca/combat/siege/index.html

        Depending on where you live there may be some minor
        differences/additions due to kingdom requirements, but it will make sure
        you're within society guidelines.

        Once you've had a biref glance through those, and decided whether this
        is going to be a huge rock-chucker or just a small flinger, you'll need
        some plans. For that, there are a lot of resources, both online and in
        references. It's a matter of whether you want to do research yourself,
        or follow along in someone else's footsteps to start.

        For an immediate link to plans and such, I'd recommend:
        http://www.trebuchet.com/plans.html . You won't find a 100% SCA-ready
        catapult among the bunch (well, last time I checked, anyway), but it's a
        good way to get started and experiment.

        Of course, feel free to ask questions here.. there are other folks who
        have built catapults (and ballistae, and trebuchets, and..) and can
        provide good insight and potentially examples to follow.

        -Liam
      • Lord Quinn
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3 7:17 AM
          Cedric,
          I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. If you would like some
          plans, please let me know your mailing address, and what you are interested
          in building, and I will get some off to you as soon as possible.
          Quinn

          cedric_of_broadston wrote:

          > hello everyone I am wanting to build a sca leagal catapult if any one
          > has some plans,pictures,rules or anything that would help I would
          > appreciate them thanks
        • cedric of broadston
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3 10:22 AM
            yes i would love some plans my address is
            cedric of broadston
            6524 bradley rd
            sanford nc
            27330
            thanks alot
            --- Lord Quinn <lordquinn@...> wrote:
            > Cedric,
            > I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.
            > If you would like some
            > plans, please let me know your mailing address, and
            > what you are interested
            > in building, and I will get some off to you as soon
            > as possible.
            > Quinn
            >
            > cedric_of_broadston wrote:
            >
            > > hello everyone I am wanting to build a sca leagal
            > catapult if any one
            > > has some plans,pictures,rules or anything that
            > would help I would
            > > appreciate them thanks

            http://greetings.yahoo.com
          • Doug Deibele
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3 11:43 AM
              I would also be very interested, if possible.

              Doug Deibele
              112 Rhea lane
              Billings, MT 59101

              Thank you

              Otnand Vettich

            • morejellogottanitchy
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 4 11:32 PM
                --- In SCA-Siege@y..., "Doug Deibele" <DDeibele@h...> wrote:
                > I would also be very interested, if possible.
                > Doug Deibele
                > Billings, MT 59101
                > Thank you
                > Otnand Vettich

                Otnand,
                If you have any questions specific to our kingdom, please feel free
                to contact me, Lord Marcello, at morejello@.... I'm currently
                the Kingdom's officer for such things.
                -Marcello
              • cedric of broadston
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5 5:55 AM
                  you must have confused my add i am looking for help
                  not giveing it sorry
                  --- morejellogottanitchy
                  <morejellogottanitchy@...> wrote:
                  > --- In SCA-Siege@y..., "Doug Deibele"
                  > <DDeibele@h...> wrote:
                  > > I would also be very interested, if possible.
                  > > Doug Deibele
                  > > Billings, MT 59101
                  > > Thank you
                  > > Otnand Vettich
                  >
                  > Otnand,
                  > If you have any questions specific to our kingdom,
                  > please feel free
                  > to contact me, Lord Marcello, at
                  > morejello@.... I'm currently
                  > the Kingdom's officer for such things.
                  > -Marcello

                  Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
                  http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
                • Lord Quinn
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 5 11:46 AM
                    Greetings to the list,
                    As of now I have 4 requests for catapult plans, are there any others? If so
                    let me know ASAP, so I can do all the copies at the same time.
                    Quinn

                    Shaun Hagan wrote:

                    > Not to flood you with requests, but if you could I would love the plans
                    > for a catapult
                    >
                    > Shaun Hagan
                    > 37 Cricket Brook
                    > Dover, NH
                    > 03820
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Sean O'Hagan
                    >

                    > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                    > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

                    > [Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

                  • alexdhaze
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 6 7:51 AM
                      --- In SCA-Siege@y..., Lord Quinn <lordquinn@h...> wrote:
                      > Greetings to the list,
                      > As of now I have 4 requests for catapult plans, are there any
                      others? If so
                      > let me know ASAP, so I can do all the copies at the same time.
                      > Quinn

                      One more for your list--
                      Alejandro the Far Traveler
                      c/o
                      Alex Hazlett
                      3535 Plainsman Ln,
                      apt. L-163
                      Bryan, TX 77802

                      Thanks,

                      Alejandro
                    • FARMING20@webtv.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 6 4:02 PM
                        Please forgive my entering upon your notice with things not related to
                        seige, but I am trying to contact Lord Kazmiraz. My addy is
                        Farming20@.... I cannot seem to get a message placed on here on
                        my own. Thank any and all beforehand for your help. Lord Wilhelm Da
                        Kaalavo

                        http://community.webtv.net/FARMING20/BILLSLAND