Re: [SCA-Siege] Garage Door Spring

  • despairbear@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2001
      From: Hibernicus
      To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 7:46 AM
      Subject: [SCA-Siege] Garage Door Spring

      A garage door spring is in most examples of "period machines" counter to the spirit of the rule. They neither "visually AND
      functionally recreate their period counterparts" unless there is an example of a machine specifically known to have been
      powered by coiled springs using extension as compared to compression.

      Greetings all,

      It seems to me that an important word in the rules is "Attempt". The way I see it is that we are the Society for "Creative" Anachronism, not the Society for exact reproduction. I kind of thought we had dealt with this question before when I asked about using springs in a catapult and it seemed to me that the group seemed to side on the part of allowing springs to be used as a power source.

      Godric Of Castlemont

    • Hibernicus
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001