Re: Re: [SCA-ThrownWeapons] Proposal for a fourth Peerage(long)

  • Chris Fraser
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      Bob & Nancy Upson wrote:

      > From: "Bob & Nancy Upson" <wyvern@...>
      >
      > > I am putting together a proposal for a fourth peerage to be sent to the
      > > SCA BOD for their January meeting. It will be for skill in the related
      > > fields of non tournament martial activities, such as: Archery, equestrian,
      > > fencing, thrown weapons and war combat. War combat would include: Missile
      > > combat, siege engines, scouting, etc.
      >
      > Dear God, Jon, will this idea ever die? IMNSHO, it stunk on ice the
      > last (dozen) time it came up and it'll stink on ice again. We *don't*
      > need another 'specialty' peerage. We have too many already but
      > we'll never *reduce* the number we have. How about we work to
      > use the existing system to its fullest rather than adding more
      > mistakes to an already horrendous award system?

      Could you please only quote the relevant parts pertaining to your reply.
      Thank you....

      What would be wrong with only one all inclusive peerage?
      Also, weren't there many peerage type awards/organizations in period?

      --
      Chris Fraser ICQ:13329852 fraser2@...
      What can an Amiga do? What can you do with an Amiga?
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        > Could you please only quote the relevant parts pertaining to your reply.
        > Thank you....

        Thanks, but I don't need email lessons. BTW, netiquette
        conventions limit signature tags to 4 lines... =)

        > What would be wrong with only one all inclusive peerage?

        That would have ben the ideal way for the SCA to go from the start
        but it didn't and, social inertia being what it is, I doubt we'll ever
        seriously reform the existing peerages. the last thing we need to
        do to make them worse would be to add yet another one, however...

        > Also, weren't there many peerage type awards/organizations in period?

        Nope. In period there was "peerage." Period. Not five seperate
        "peerages" such as we have now.

        Macsen