Re: [SCA-Siege] treb rocks

  • Bernard Theiss
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2000
      I wonder if the foam insulation in the spray can might work as a way to
      add weight into these balls, I realize the big problem here is exact
      measurements of added weight, but maybe if I add it in little spurts, I can
      stop just under 2 oz. The point is I can add this foam through a small hole
      instead of needing to slice the ball to add carpet foam. Just a
      thought...~Efron~
      p.s. I agree about getting as many engines seen at Pennsic as possible.
      I'm sure not all future Royals around here are anti-siege, like this year's
      apparently are. Time will tell.
    • tollhase1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2000
        I know they do not allow spray in foam in the midrealm for arrows as it tends
        to get powdery and come out when old or when dead fighters stamp on them.

        Frederich
      • Fergus
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2000
          Spray foam is a very very bad idea.... it tends to break down and turn into
          dust.... So please don't use it.

          YIS,
          Fergus mac Conal
          Deputy of Siege, AnTir

          At 10:53 AM 8/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
          > I wonder if the foam insulation in the spray can might work as a way to
          >add weight into these balls, I realize the big problem here is exact
          >measurements of added weight, but maybe if I add it in little spurts, I can
          >stop just under 2 oz. The point is I can add this foam through a small hole
          >instead of needing to slice the ball to add carpet foam. Just a
          >thought...~Efron~
          > p.s. I agree about getting as many engines seen at Pennsic as possible.
          >I'm sure not all future Royals around here are anti-siege, like this year's
          >apparently are. Time will tell.
          >

          >Get paid to surf at http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=HOK790
          >
          >This list sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
          >[Email to SCA-Siege-unsubscribe@... to leave this list]
        • Bernard Theiss
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2000
            I forgot about how brittle spray foam gets, even though I use it in
            construction. Sorry about the brain cells going on vacation before I could.
            I'll have to speak to them about that! ~Ef~